Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick

Title
    Thanks
    make sure there is no other USB device attached

Title
    Thanks
    Thank You Man

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, is it safe to change image with HDD still connected, do the saved film files map across ok in new images?
    I haven't changed my image since I installed VTi but want to change to VIX now.
    Thanks,

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty View Post
    Hi guys, is it safe to change image with HDD still connected, do the saved film files map across ok in new images?
    I haven't changed my image since I installed VTi but want to change to VIX now.
    Thanks,
    Yes it will be fine. Just dont re-initialize your HDD.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

sooty (22-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mate

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Tashaza

Couple of things to check when you restart the vu+ after flashing watch the front panel it should read vu duo when its loaded. Also how have you connected the vu+ in the past I have experienced a glitch with hdmi not booting the tv hdmi hence making it look like the flash has failed so I plugged in a scart cable to see if that allows me to see the set up wizzard if thats the case you can then follow the install setup then go back to hdmi connection and check afterwards.

And just another check u did it right ...did you on your us stick have file vuplus and inside that another called duo and inside that one the 3 files (unzipped) which is the image. Only ask as i have come across people loading a nfi file

regards
    satmanbasil

8. The Following User Says Thank You to satmanbasil For This Useful Post:

Ex-TM6900 (09-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    yep..diks like me tried wid nfi file...doah

mlc1967
    how long should it take for the flash process, mines been stuck on programming............. for the last 15 mins ???
    cheers
    mark

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    normally only takes a few minutes, but for some taken longer ... have you tried another usb stick and made sure its formatted in fat32?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    should take less than 5min try redounding the image again

format the usb to Fat 32 and make sure you have no other USB stick in the back
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

1344Shahram (18-12-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi sent the morning trying to get the usb stick to work have formatted to fat 32 loaded the files
    jffs2 0kb
    vcl media file 1829kb
    jffst file 38243kb

have tried this file on 2 ub sticks but when i power down insert stick box either wont boot up or asks me if i want to format the usb stick
    have read right through this forum for what i am doing wrong ,do i have to to adjustments inside the duo? to maybe make it see usb drive
    i have installed hard drive with no problems just followed instructions given
    box came with image installed so i have never before tried to change the image
    any help much appreciated please in a easy to understand way please
    thanks

Pat

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    There is a sticky here on how to flash your U+

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ng-a-USB-stick
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thank for reply but already read & followed this sticky but become unstuck when inserting usb stick in duo as it don't seem to recognise it
    Pat

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patmyhead View Post
    thank for reply but already read & followed this sticky but become unstuck when inserting usb stick in duo as it don't seem to recognise it
    Pat
    Have you done these steps on ur usb stick

1. Create a directory in called vuplus.
    2. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.

Then place those 3 files in the duo folder. Make sure all other usb devices are unplugged then switch off the box. Stick usb stick at front then switchin on and it should start reading usb
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    done that i think but boot file shows nothing in it is this correct

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast