Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to use Logs Manager on Duo/Solo/Uno/ET9000/ET5000 ViX

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

How to use Logs Manager on Duo/Solo/Uno/ET9000/ET5000 ViX

This tutorial is going to show you how to use the new Log Manager in ViX.

This is an important part of the development of ViX Image as it enables the devs to fix any issues that you guys out there may come across, in particular Green Screen Crashes.

Its a great feature as it enables you lot to send the logs right from your box without having to do anything else.

I can't stress this enough, it is important that you send these logs if you want to have your problem fixed. Below i will show you how to use it as it is a new feature.

To access the Log Manager you need to navigate to Menu/Setup/System/Logs and in there you will see Settings and Logs Manager like below

1.jpg

Now you will check the Settings Menu to make sure they are configured correctly. The screenshot below will show you the configs i have which do the job nicely

2.jpg

Press Green to save the settings if you have changed any of the default ones. Then go into Logs Manager and this is where your Crash Logs will show up (if you have any green screen crashes) Mine below shows a few

3.jpg

If this is your first time going into Logs Manager then you will need to setup a few details first and you can do this by pressing the Menu button on ur remote and it will bring up the followin screen

4.jpg

Please fill out the details below like i have as this will enable us to find out who the logs came from. The email is there so you can recieve a copy of the log too and also if we need to email you for more details etc etc Once it is all setup then Press Green to save and it will take you back to the Log Manager screen.

Now you are setup and ready to send logs.

Select the Log you want to send (I chose the last one) and press OK and it should have a green tick in it like below

5.jpg

Press the Blue button to send and you will see the this confirmation dialogue

6.jpg

Select Yes to send the one selected (you can send more than one log at a time too)

The next screen will ask you if you want to add any additional information. Press Yes if you would like too or No if you just want to send the log

7.jpg

If you press YES to add any additional information then you see the screen below

7a.jpg

Now if you press YES, then you can navigate to a location on your reciever where you have saved a txt file which could have details of what you were doing at the time of the crash. It will attach it to the Log and send it.

If you press NO you can type a little message using the onscreen keyboard and that will too attach it to the email.

Once you are happy with the message and you have Pressed OK, you will now have successfully sent the logs to the dev team and you will see a similar screen below

8.jpg

Please when mentioning your Crash Log in the forum, add the Ref number that you get in the screen above Ref: 1307727963.33 as it will help us finding who the log belongs too.

Once the Log is sent you will see that there is a Green Tick next to it in the box, this is to show that you have already sent this log like below

9.jpg

There we have it nice and simple Like i said it is a big help to the guys when we have these logs and even more helpful with a bit of detail about what you were doing when you got this crash ... whether you put this in the forum post or attach it to the log you are sending.

Please do not abuse this system as it is there to help us help you and not end up trying to fix stuff that doesnt need to be fixed

Any queries or questions dont hesitate to ask
    Last edited by punisher; 21-07-11 at 14:27.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (23-11-12),facan (18-04-14),ToMaJo (28-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    cracking tutorial mate.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.