Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How to Setup Inadyn ViX

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah I know - thats why I have been looking at all the elements of the setup (router, etc) Im not sure what that error message is all about really. It would be interesting to know what his log file is reading.

Like I said, it seems to activate in the menu, so that is what I thought was a little strange.

Title
    Thanks
    Must point out its working now - same error as before, however seems to be connected.

Title
    Thanks
    For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
    Code:
    https://www.dlinkddns.com/login
    it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.
    Last edited by sivhead; 18-05-12 at 15:46. Reason: edit web address had too many wwww's

Title
    Thanks
    For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
    Code:
    www.www.dlinkddns.com
    it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a freedns.afraid.org account.
    Have edited the /etc/inadyn.conf as follows :
    Code:
    # Check for a new IP every 54000 seconds (24 hours)
    update_period_sec 54000

# Enter your DynDNS.com username and password here
    username my-userid
    password my-password

# What kind of host is being updated? Choices are dyndns@dyndns.org, statdns@dyndns.org, custom@dyndns.org
    dyndns_system default@freedns.afraid.org

# The hosts you want to update (uncomment the lines below)
    alias my-alias.mooo.com,my-hash-code
    #alias another-dynamic-host.homeip.net
    The UI seems to parse the file correctly and shows all the fields populated correctly. However, I don't see anything in the logs. I tried stopping and restarting the service but still nothing. Is there a way to test if the IP address is updated correctly (besides of course, trying to reboot the modem in an attempt to get a fresh IP)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kunmun23 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok..just observed that it does not recognize default@freedns.afraid.org as "System". I mean it shows it from the file but when I go to Menu, the System value cannot be edited. It can only be picked up from select set of values dyndns, no-ip etc but no freedns

Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    dear friend,
    i'm following your discussion about watching dreambox tv channels in iphone4 outside home.

i'm trying to set my router (tp-link) but i cant find default gateway page (it is not that i have a very good knowledge of the field). Maybe it is under another name?
    i would really appreciate any of your suggestion.

thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    The Default Gateway for TP-Link should be 192.168.1.1
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sivhead View Post
    Code:
    www.www.dlinkddns.com

I was going to say the same thing but you already picked up on it. DynDns was free for years and I can remember using it back in day on the like of emule etc for a remote login.

Im going to try this dlink dns now and see how I get on it.

Surely everyone on here is not really paying $30 a year for a dyndns account when their are free alternatives?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: How to Setup Inadyn ViX

No i have a free accounts and even one of them i get 2 free dyndns and on the others just the 1 free dyndns
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    No i have a free accounts and even one of them i get 2 free dyndns and on the others just the 1 free dyndns

When was this though? According to there website now they dont do anymore free accounts?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: How to Setup Inadyn ViX

Ive had these accounts for a couple years now, not a recent thing.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    My Dyndns account is the pro version.

Those accounts are nsXXXX.dns.dyn.com 123.456.789.123

Can you help me to setup inadyn please?

I put in:
    user name
    user password

alias as shown above .com though not .org - Do I need to change it?

Does this matter.

My log is blank. Never shows anything. even after restarting inadyn plugin.

Could you update the screen dumps to reflect the current VIX images Inadyn plugin please?
    Last edited by mercboy; 09-03-13 at 15:31.

Title
    Thanks
    I followed the instructions but i get; checking feeds.... then just hangs with the VIX logo stuck

using solo with the VIX latest build with dlinkddns

Title
    Thanks
    its now asking to install inadyn-mt

in which i did but i cant enter the data... it comes up blank

is there a way for me to FTP the config file?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast