Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ET5000 green screen - wont start up

Title
    Thanks

ET5000 green screen - wont start up

Hello I am looking for some help please

Bought new ET5000 from the sponsors a few weeks ago. Also decided I wanted wifi and got myself a D-Link dwa 140 dongle.
    After reading how to set this up I could see that the vix image I have been using (2.2.100) may not work with this dongle.

Reluctantly flashed a new image yesterday, power of dream.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...000-27-08-2011

This worked fine. I didnt attempt wifi as wanted to make sure image was ok first before i changed any settings. When I powered down the box in the evening i got a green screen.

i have tried reflashing with vix 2.2.100. yellow light comes on, up button pressed, yellow and green light up for a few minutes, and then red and green lights up and stays on and on and tv has a green screen. i tried reflashing with power of dream image again and same problem in that red/green lights up and green screen.

i have 2 usb sticks and tried both.

wish i waited for 2.2.3 now !!

how can i get ET500 to re-start ?

help appreciated,
    thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Did you install the new bootloader? (does it say ET5x00 on the display instead of ET5000) ?
    Last edited by Cucosat; 13-11-11 at 19:13.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K

Title
    Thanks
    i dont think i have - was careful to make sure i didnt do that as i understand you cant go back from it
    Last edited by sea beesty; 13-11-11 at 19:32. Reason: poor spelling

Title
    Thanks
    Probably your receiver has the new bootloader. In this case you have to rename the folder from et5000 in et5x00 AND delete the file boot.bin from the folder!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drspiros For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    on my usb stick that i used to flash i have some crash files.

three are attached.

can anyone use these to find a solution ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    also i have crash files from power of dream image. these are attached
    help !!

Title
    Thanks
    hello drspiros

when i rename folder to et5x00 and delete boot.bin file and flash, the box goes straight to red/green lights. at no point does orange/yellow come on.

get "xtrend, the smarter gateway to linux" or something like that, message on tv screen for a minute and then green screen

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Try downloading the image again from a different browser incase the download is corrupt. Format ur usb to fat32. Transfer the vix image to usb. Switch box off, plugin usb and start box. When orange light is on, hit the up arrow on front of box and let it flash and reboot itself, do not take usb out jus leave it in there n let it do its thing till the install wizard comes on screen. Thenu shud b able to setup fromthere. Let us knw how that goes
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    hello punisher

i reformated usb
    downloaded vix image from link below, from silverfox link that linked to pooface
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...100-21-07-2011

tried reflash, yellow light, press up button, yellow and green lights come on and then followed by red/green and green tv screen. crash files attached

also tried the following download and get same result
    http://search.4shared.com/search.htm...100-et5000_usb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Im not sure why its doing that but suma wrong somewhere. Ill get a dev to look at this tomorrow. Just bumpthe thread tomorrow to remind me incase i forget lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

sea beesty (13-11-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Have you flashed any bootloaders to the ET5000? If not download ViX 2.2.100, and place on USB stick for flashing.

The re-name the file called noforce to force. This should then flash the image without the need for pressing any buttons. Only do this if you've not flashed any bootloaders.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    hello Scillian
    tried that. i didnt get a single yellow light, it went straight away to yellow/green. after a minute or two went to red/green and tv screen is still green

99.9% sure not flashed any bootloaders. only flashed pod and vix image (links given before where these came from)

still not working.....

Title
    Thanks
    I think it's better to upgrade the bootloader. Don't be afraid about downgrading, as old images can also be installed with the new bootloader. Follow the instructions at the et-view.com site and, after the bootloader, install the image in the same page. (USB must be formatted in fat32, not ext3)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drspiros View Post
    I think it's better to upgrade the bootloader. Don't be afraid about downgrading, as old images can also be installed with the new bootloader. Follow the instructions at the et-view.com site and, after the bootloader, install the image in the same page. (USB must be formatted in fat32, not ext3)
    Am afraid thats an old wives tail, yet to be proven.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,936 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drspiros View Post
    if you can provide proof then by all means do, however no one has yet managed to do this. by all means if people wish to upgrade their bootloader go ahead but they will not be able to use the current ViX 2.2.100 image they will have to wait for ViX 2.3.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast