I found an alternative which might work on ipad/iphone without the need to purchase an app like dreambox live, vu+ player or istreamgate HD.

I releasied you can use a combination of two Apps - or the lite versions at least.

By using dreamote lite - you get full access as a remote - but when you also install an app like goodplayer, oplayer or similar you get an option in the zap box to either zap to the box or send that stream to one of those media player apps. The only thing im not sure off is whether it does that on the lite (free) versions of those media apps. Like goodplayer lite.

If it does, that is an alternative to using dreambox live, and if your apps are from 'another source' this is good alternative.

Personally, i think istreamgate hd is the best value for money app from the dreambox streamer apps. The rest including dreambox live are very pricey. At £1.99 its worth it, the interface maybe not as good as dreambox live but is still very good and can do Hd although that is very poor at the moment.