Hello all,
Just feel I should get this off my chest.
I was up to my ears at work the other day when some asiatic character barges in with a satellite receiver and wanted me to set it up, dish and all.
To get rid of him I said I would do it over the weekend, scanning in the satellites beforehand that evening (19 & 13e).
Turning up at his house later, he showed me where the dish should be placed, on a mini mast tower in his backgarden, resembling the crystal palace transmitter!.
On this mast was an existing 120cm dish with 4 lnb array, so why did he waste my time scanning in the satellites he had anyway?
“You set small dish up I see 28e”, he said continuing “All lnb’s not working, you fix”.
So, he expected I was to perform a full diagnosis of the 4 lnb system & determine the fault, drive down to a local sat shop, get replacement lnb’s,cable & new diseq (proberbly the existing one was blown) and crawl around his dusty attic replacing said articles afterwich I was to set up & cable the small dish once more cabling via the attic.
Total return journey about 25 miles in a car doing just 7 miles per liter at todays petrol prices…..I asked what he thought the job was worth and (wait for this) He answered, ‘You do for free”.
At this point I lost it and calmly packed up and told him something to the effect that he could take a suck on my old uncle bazhish.
What a fooking idiot. A free installation job worth over a hundred quid for free?
It just goes to show how people think they can exploit others, my god this takes the cake.
What still gets me about all this is that he thought I’d be stupid enough to go along with it. It’s not a nice feeling knowing someone takes you for an rsol.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them, I’d like to feel I’m not alone!