Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to use Backup & Image Manager on Duo/Solo/Uno/ET9000/ET5000 ViX

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    To be honest i just save my backups to the same USB stick i use for EPG / picons and crash logs etc. There is no need to chop and change USB sticks for this.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    To be honest i just save my backups to the same USB stick i use for EPG / picons and crash logs etc. There is no need to chop and change USB sticks for this.
    Correct, same here; USB-stick never gets disconnected.
    And my boxes that have an internal HDD (and hence no USB-stick) all image- and settings-backups go to HDD.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Motto: don't mess with a working system
    ... and what do I do, I decide to go for daily backup settings and weekly image backups.........and image backup promptly fails, my system crashes and I have to restore last weeks image backup
    without image restore, system was dead as a Dodo.

Title
    Thanks
    There is no hdd on my vu solo, may think of getting one,so i have a 2gb stick. Is that ok for backup and epg etc,as this is what it failed with?
    I do have a 8gb if you think I could leave that in for the above if the 2gb is not big enough.

BCFC
    BCFC

Title
    Thanks
    Why did yours fail? Seems bit suspect that yours failed to.

BCFC
    BCFC

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    Why did yours fail? Seems bit suspect that yours failed to.
    BCFC
    I have my suspicions but no evidence and although I have a (long) history of being able to debug many software systems, but with no linux experience and little enthusiasm to learn , will leave to smarter guys. I will just take more care in future.
    I would stick with one larger USB stick, I (due to my background) like to keep backups on separate media - but thats my problem

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried this tut again for image manager backup,this time i have a 8gb usb stick which is mounted in the front of my vu solo,and i have been using it for epg,picons. Thing is the creating backup has been stuck on 40/100 for over 5 mins,last time it did this the box completely crashed,what do i do now to stop it crashing again as the progress bar is not moving from 40/100,thanks olly
    BCFC

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's normal for it to hold on 40% for a while also the time to backup is greatly influenced by any plugins you may have installed.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I think it may have done it now,i see what you mean,i do have a line of detail now in image manager,just cannot seem to be able to ftp to the box now to save the image on a spare usb,when previously i could.Thanks pheonix
    BCFC

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    If you press "Menu" when in Image Manager you can select where you want to store the backup... change it to usb, make a new backup and this time it will be on your usb stick
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title

Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, im having a backup problem. In image manager the restore button is replaced by downloads.
    I can back up but can't restore.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    your no longer able to be able to restore the image from the image manager, you copy the backup made to a USB stick and flash it as you would a regular image.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Faz1 (15-01-13)

Title

Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply and answer.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How to make a image backup using ViX 3.0

new Tutorial added in .pdf format.

SIMPLES.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

homick (15-09-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Which select the files/folders in order to make softcams,plugins,etc.settings backup to them as possible to restore in fresh flash image?
    Maybe this is simple,but not for me. Thanks.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Creators For This Useful Post:

patpowell (29-05-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast