Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install CCcam/MGCamd/Others on ViX image GiGablue, Technomate, Venton, VU+

Title
    Thanks
    That was the one mate.

Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    The tmp folder is a symlink to /var/volatile/tmp

Sent with Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    Create 1 using notepad and save it as CCcam.cfg not CCcam.cfg.txt make sure the extension is .cfg
    Stupid question, but is it an empty notepad document I should save? Or should it be any text in it?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    well if you want to view premium channels etc etc it should have your details in for viewing...thats as much as i can say as per the rules of the forum
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    well if you want to view premium channels etc etc it should have your details in for viewing...thats as much as i can say as per the rules of the forum
    I want picture on the channels I´m paying for (legally). Swedish operator "Canal Digital".
    Right now there is only black screen without this .cfg file.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, but I fail to start, continue reading pen and do nothing

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LFN View Post
    I want picture on the channels I´m paying for (legally). Swedish operator "Canal Digital".
    Right now there is only black screen without this .cfg file.
    mine is just a blank text file, renamed to CCcam.cfg and it read my card, start cccam hit the blue button and check ccam info you should see the status of the card reader.
    if it dose not work try oscam you nead a config file but with the correct card info http://goo.gl/wDbnJ

Title
    Thanks
    thankyou merci

Title
    Thanks
    mgcamd keys go to var/keys folder or etc/keys one? thx

parkher
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Donnie just as i thought, but it just doesn't appear there. even tried making a folder tmp on desktop
    and FTP it.

Get cant create dictonary tmp.

I use FAR and its ftp plugin, works fine.
    You can create tmp in other ways too:
    - map Vu+/ET as a network drive on your pc
    - connect via telnet and create the folder.

But tmp folder is not really needed. You can place ipk files somewhere else.
    The thing is - you have to correctly enter the path to it when installing.
    Better still - change directory to the folder where ipk file is located and then install.

I mean, if you are connected via telnet:

ipkg install /tmp_or_some_other_folder/something_you_want_to_install.ipk

or go to that folder first, and when it becomes the current folder, then simply:

ipkg install something_you_want_to_install.ipk

To people who have problems with installing with the colour buttons: install manually and see if there are any error messages during installation.

Title
    Thanks
    hey guys, could anyone please tell me why i can't see the Menu/Setup/System/VIX/enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk???

What did i do wrong???

Thanks in return

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    if your trying to manually install the .IPK file just do it this way.

Blue button > ViX > install local extension

you should see the .ipk file there and be able to install it. remember though you will need to either FTP over a CCcam.cfg file to ETC/ on your receiver or make one and put it there.

but we cant go into too much details on how to set up the configuration files due to the site rules.

also once the cam has been installed go to Blue button > softcam manager and start the cam and enable the autostart option.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Once downloaded you need to transfer the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file into the /tmp folder on the box like below

Then transfer your CCcam.cfg file into the /etc/ folder
    I don't really get this? Why do you firt put the file in the temp földer and then move it to the etc folder?
    Is'n it the same thing if I put the file in the etc folder right away?

I Got my Canal digital Conax card working, but sometimes i get an anoying bugreport on the screen. Maybee I did something wrong?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mudder View Post
    I don't really get this? Why do you firt put the file in the temp földer and then move it to the etc folder?
    Is'n it the same thing if I put the file in the etc folder right away?

I Got my Canal digital Conax card working, but sometimes i get an anoying bugreport on the screen. Maybee I did something wrong?
    The .ipk file is the installer file for CCcam this goes into the TMP folder so that you can physically install it to the receiver in the same way you would use a .exe file to install a program on a windows system. The CCcam.cfg file is a configuration file the cam needs so that it knows what to do, this is the file you copy to the /etc folder.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I cannot thank you enough - I am a complete newbie and this is all new - you have relieved me of considerable frustration CHeers

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast