Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My VU+ Uno review

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Thumbs up My VU+ Uno review

Finally got round to setting up my VU+ Uno

First impressions when unpacking is that the Uno lives up to VU+’s other models in terms of build quality etc... One thing I’m really happy with is the looks, think it looks like a classy receiver, looks really smart in my opinion.

Fitted HDD and Connected up to motor dish, flashing ViX was a breeze, simply follow on screen instructions shown on the display. Transferred my Enigma 2 settings and I was up and running in less that 5 mins!

Picture quality is excellent in both SD & HD. Universal remote is a nice feature if you would like to be able to control your TV with the same remote. Zapping times are super fast, approx 1.63 seconds!

Scanning satellites is working is working spot on, just as good as my other Enigma 2 receivers. I believe the tuner is blindscan capable but this is not currently enabled within the Uno drivers.

If I’m honest I just can’t fault anything about the VU+ Uno, although some critics will say that it’s priced a little high for a single tuner without actually looking at the specification of the receiver. Yes the Duo is only approx £40 more than the Uno, but it’s not got the spec that the Uno has! The main thing the Duo has over the Uno is that it’s a twin tuner. Personally I think VU+ has got the price spot on now that I’ve actually looked at the specs and actually used one.

I think the Uno will be extremely popular to enthusiasts that simply don’t want a twin tuner, yet want a top class Enigma 2 receiver with an excellent VFD (front display), the ability to install an internal SATA HDD and use plug & play tuners. At £299 in my opinion its worth every penny! Especially with the ViX images coming to the Uno very soon!

Order yours from our sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver

If anyone would like to ask any questions about the Uno please go ahead and I'll do my best to answer them.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-07-11),Donnie (10-07-11),georgede (07-02-12),GeorgeXL (10-07-11),itsjustme (10-07-11),punisher (10-07-11),theinvoice (10-07-11)

digidude
    will it play media such as divx and mkv files from connected USB or internal drive if the files are FTP'd over?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    will it play media such as divx and mkv files from connected USB or internal drive if the files are FTP'd over?
    1080 mkv's perfect, just grabbing a divx file now.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i have been using the Uno now for maybe 3 months now and i have to say i agree with your conclusions, i my self have been a sat geek for 20 plus years although this receiver is my first venture into the E2 side of things.

the initial setup was very easy although i had a few teething problems with my motor but it's knocking on 10 years old so i can forgive that and our very own silverfox so kindly donated another to me ( which i'm ashamed to say i still have not had time to fit sorry ). any way. once i got the box up and running i was immensely impressed.

the difference between the older E1 boxes and this are not only in a different league i'd go so far as to say there in a different galaxy to one another. never once had i thought that the E2 operating system would be such a improvement over the E1 system, especially the ability to create a USB backup of my current setup and have it booted and running in under 5 minutes. thats a real lfe saver for me as i tend to throw all kinds of junk on the box to see if i can kill the OS in some way ( not a particularly easy task while using VIX as even the most stubborn greenscreen boot loop i have encountered was easily fixed with a 2 minute FTP session ).

so far i am immensely impressed with the performance of this box and i can see it being another hit with the end users as with it's elder siblings the Duo and the Solo.

for any user wishing to know which hardware cams work or dont as the case may be with the Uno please refer to this thread

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8719-Vu-Uno-CAMS-(-hardware-not-softcams-)&highlight=cams
    Last edited by Larry-G; 10-07-11 at 11:21.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-07-11),Sicilian (10-07-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just played xvid file perfect
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    I have Enhanced Movie Center on my Uno and it plays 99% of the movies I have with .srt subtitles. You also have to install seekbar to prevent subtitle loss after fast forward.
    It's a nice and fast reacting box. I have a prototype Uno for 3 months with two P&P tuners installed.
    Vu+ Ultimo on ViX 3.0 ;Vu+ Duo2 on Vix 3.0; Logitech 600;Maximum E85 HB,A1,A2,A3

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JosFop4Sat For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-07-11),Larry-G (10-07-11),Sicilian (10-07-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JosFop4Sat View Post
    I have Enhanced Movie Center on my Uno and it plays 99% of the movies I have with .srt subtitles. You also have to install seekbar to prevent subtitle loss after fast forward.
    It's a nice and fast reacting box. I have a prototype Uno for 3 months with two P&P tuners installed.
    I've had this from VU+ for around a month now, but thought I'd wait until release to post a review.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JosFop4Sat View Post
    yes agreed, ive also had my box from Vu+ for 3 months although the model i got was the next one on with single tuner and a blanked out second slot.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes and sometimes it was hard to wait to do it...
    Vu+ Ultimo on ViX 3.0 ;Vu+ Duo2 on Vix 3.0; Logitech 600;Maximum E85 HB,A1,A2,A3

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    u shud take sum pics internal/external
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    u shud take sum pics internal/external
    Will do in the couple of days. In the meantime here's the official spec sheet with official pictures.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is there already a VIX image avilable for the UNO? Nothing found in the board so far...

Anyway, great box and running very well, also with VTi 3.0

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by belierzz View Post
    Is there already a VIX image avilable for the UNO? Nothing found in the board so far...

ViX image not too far away
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

belierzz (10-07-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by belierzz View Post

Not released yet... Soon tho

[Edit]
    Bah, Sic beat me to it
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

belierzz (10-07-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Ordered my one from World-of-satellite on Friday. Just waiting for this Baby to arrive.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theinvoice For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (10-07-11),punisher (10-07-11),Sicilian (10-07-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast