Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: et5000 putting a fan inside ?

jjp2701

et5000 putting a fan inside ?

is it possible a can put a fan in one of these ?

if yes then i would like to know which one would work ?

and a very silent one i want to put in too ?

anyone point me in the right direction ?

and will it void my warranty if i do this ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    dont know if this applies to your model but have a look here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...fan-ET9000-PDF

regards: canthackit

jjp2701
    thanks canthackit, but i wonder if it will work for the et5000 ?

and were will i get one of these fans for this ?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    mate why you want to put a fan in, the biggest generator of heat the PSU is outside the box. As long as it is reasonable well aired it runs very cool. You can get ultra quiet fans but not sure if you can out one in.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if his 5000 runs as hot as my 9000 then he like me definately needs a fan, these boxes run very very hot the heat is generated from the back of the unit not sure what's causing it but it's hot man hot

@jjp2701

i'd say a Maplins if you have a local one or any decent electrical suppliers, if all else fails there's always the internet.

Last edited by canthackit; 15-06-11 at 09:01.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canthackit View Post
    if his 5000 runs as hot as my 9000 then he like me definately needs a fan, these boxes run very very hot the heat is generated from the back of the unit not sure what's causing it but it's hot man hot
    As stanman says though, the psu for the et5000 is outside of the box. The et9000 has the psu inside the box, and that generates a lot of the heat... I don't have an et5000, so cannot say how hot it is compared to my et9000. But, Stanman has both, so can compare. But, my et9000 does run hot, but I wouldn't say it was worryingly hot imo...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    O I C

well no it don't run as hot as my old DB800, but it's still too bloody hot for my liking

anyways i don't wanna take over thread, and i aint even got a 5000

jjp2701
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    mate why you want to put a fan in, the biggest generator of heat the PSU is outside the box. As long as it is reasonable well aired it runs very cool. You can get ultra quiet fans but not sure if you can out one in.
    it is very well aired nothing is near it, it might as well be in space, it is quite hot from the back right if you are looking at it from the front, i am not being funny but that is were the tuner is and it could burn out the capacitors, not impressed at all with the heat, so need to put one in before the tuner gets too hot and it starts burning capacitors, not very good build for a enigma 2 box, wish i kept my solo now, that was never hot

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jjp2701 For This Useful Post:

canthackit (15-06-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    yeh my solo on an open glass stand doesnt really heat up at all, cool as anythin
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    it is very well aired nothing is near it, it might as well be in space, it is quite hot from the back right if you are looking at it from the front, i am not being funny but that is were the tuner is and it could burn out the capacitors, not impressed at all with the heat, so need to put one in before the tuner gets too hot and it starts burning capacitors, not very good build for a enigma 2 box, wish i kept my solo now, that was never hot
    Just checked it now and the right side as you look at it is very lukewarm and this is after 10 hours of more or less constant use. My ET9000 is much hotter but that is around the PSU but still nothing to worry about.
    I have thought about fitting a fan to the ET9000 but not needed to do it really as heat is a small concern.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

jjp2701
    doesnt anyone know how to ?

and were to get one from ?

and the leads ?

still not had a positive response to this, i would ask the site sponsor who i got it from,but he is on holiday,

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    doesnt anyone know how to ?

and were to get one from ?

and the leads ?

still not had a positive response to this, i would ask the site sponsor who i got it from,but he is on holiday,
    If you can wait another week, I'm sure he'll be able to help out when he comes back... Might be able to contact xtrend or the distributor to find out?! Send him an email, and he'll get the message and look at it when he returns
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sorry jjp2701 to have to post back on the thread again.

but i'm just in the process of installing a new image and just touched the back of the unit, it's absolutely scorching i can barely put my hand on it, it's got it have a fan in it, and one going into the appropiate compartment front left is not going to cool it down, it needs cooling at the back.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by canthackit View Post
    sorry jjp2701 to have to post back on the thread again.

but i'm just in the process of installing a new image and just touched the back of the unit, it's absolutely scorching i can barely put my hand on it, it's got it have a fan in it, and one going into the appropiate compartment front left is not going to cool it down, it needs cooling at the back.

In regards to it not being in the right place, it depends on the fan tbh... If you have fan pointing in correct direction, then it will try to take the air away from an area. So, could be moving hot air away from tho hot area. Or, if the other direction, will be blowing air on to the hot area... Usually it's most effective to remove the hot air from the hot area...

Just touched my et9000, and it's quite cool to be honest, only marginally hotter than the duo. Been on since about 6pm...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I've used both a Solo and ET5000 and many other modern day HD receivers, really dont understand why anyone would want to put a fan in the ET5000 The ET5000 only gets warm NOT hot, theres a difference. I found the Solo to get warmer than the ET5000 with constant use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast