Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: tm 5402 or protek 9750

Title
    Thanks

tm 5402 or protek 9750

hi guys sold my old tm 6900 non super on ebay for £80 as some one said it would become a door wedge,and iam being pulled between the tm5402or the blade and the protek 9750!!£100 difference but with all the new things c c cam etc what will the tm5400 with support on the forum get me over the protek?or should bit the bullet and pay the extra!!!i liked my old tm6900 graphics easy to use for my family etc but support was running down without the lan bit!!any thoughts please!!
    darran 2166

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    The TM5402 and Blade BM7000S are non linux receivers but can work a CCcam/newcamd clients. I believe the Protek has somekind of gift patch available and I think can work with newcamd as a client (not 100% sure).

If you want versatility I'd seriously consider a Linux receiver such as the ET5000 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver Will come pre-loaded with ViX Team image from our sponsor
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

darran2166 (31-05-11)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for that!!i just need to be able to simply down load latest patch and bingo!!i have no dealings with the linux boxes !!do the boxes auto update ?will the support be about for these units in a years time!!
    only thinking of the wife ringing me up with problems while away!!i will learn more on the linux based boxes in the mean time!!
    thanks agaian for your swift reply!!
    darran2166

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If your looking for something patch/gift based the go with with the Protek 9750, but I'm afraid we want cant advise you on the gift/patch side of things.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

darran2166 (02-06-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Some interesting files here
    Code:
    http://www.exyusat.com/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Fta%20resivers/Protek
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

darran2166 (02-06-11)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Mate I would go with the linux version and would suggest either the ET5000 or VU+ SOLO, very versatile boxes and as near a replacement for a sly box as you will get. as for future support, had my duo for a year and its going from strenght to strenght.
    PS the forum sponsor has a special offer on at the moment - I paid £400 for mine when it first came out.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

darran2166 (02-06-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    the blade media bm7000s is a pretty simple plug and play box, just upload the latest patched image, takes about 10minutes if you know what you are doing to setup and use and thats it brilliant picture quality too
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

darran2166 (02-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    hi guys thanks or input!!!still mulling over the tm 5402 but the other boxes sound great!!just need to learn more on linux enigma 2 etc!!can i manage the software and how often do i have to do things to the boxes time is not always on my side!!so the question is which one would be best way to!!! go or tring+ card or will i go with c xxam to get ready for footy next season do the linux box deal with these cards ok?i think so far the tm5402 has more support than the blade yet unsure without c xxcam what i can get!!my tm6900 had dried up and are i getting more o the same?
    darran2166

Title
    Thanks
    hi all thanks for the input but just placed the order for the tm5402!!with world of sats just now !!!the boys should be back from hols tomoz and i may get it for friday!!
    i will move on to a linux in the future but the wife was happy with the old tm6900 non super and this will be even better with the addons i think!!!
    darrn2166

Title
    Thanks

Cool

Darran, Hi mate, do let us know what you think of 5402!! I am just about to take the plunge, and would be great to hear your views. I too need a simple non linux Hd receiver and need the footie for 2011/12.

Thanks to the other guys for this informative forum.

Title
    Thanks
    hi ozzie will have it up and running monday as iam working this weekend i will let you no how i get on!!!
    cheers
    darran

17. The Following User Says Thank You to darran2166 For This Useful Post:

ozzie11 (26-06-11)

Title
    Thanks
    hi ozzie
    sorry late with feed back !!!i noticed you taken the plunge!!!all good with box but not tried any more of the addon stuff yet!!so thats why no feed back!!enjoy the box and i will update you of my progress!!the only negative is that on the phantom patch the favourites have gone and that is a problem for the wife that i cannot tie all the channels together for ease of use!!!so some learning for me to do!!

cheers

darran

19. The Following User Says Thank You to darran2166 For This Useful Post:

ozzie11 (30-06-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    You can dump a satellite scan of all your channels onto USB stick, then use NDF Edit to create favourite lists on your PC http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...el-list-editor
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

darran2166 (07-07-11),ozzie11 (30-06-11)