Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CrossEPG stuck on Internal Flash

Title
    Thanks

CrossEPG stuck on Internal Flash

Hi,

I'm using Vix 2.1 and I have done all system updates and am also using the latest CrossEPG update which is: crossepg_0.6.2

However on CrossEPG I only have the option of using the internal flash as storage device. I have a usb mounted on the Duo and when I press left/right it wont show. Just says Internal Flash.

Is there something wrong.

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks

Screen shot 2011-05-18 at 18.36.48.png
    Last edited by avatar7; 18-05-11 at 18:47.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Hmmm try reformatting your usb either on pc or via the device manager then you need to make sure its mounted as media/usb and then try crosssepg and set up as usb
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    Hmmm try reformatting your usb either on pc or via the device manager then you need to make sure its mounted as media/usb and then try crosssepg and set up as usb
    Hi, did that already before setting up CrossEPG stuff...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Try using this excellent tool for formatting USB "HP windows Format Utility for USB"

just a word of warning if you have any USB HDD attached make sure you choose the USB stick before formatting
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Ok i'll give that a try.

Just to mention I also have a internal HDD installed. Would it be best to save epg data to the internal hdd. I use the flash pen for picons aswell as epg.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i store both picons and epg on usb stick and so do most people but its entirely upto you. i just use my hdd for timeshift and recordings
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Try using this excellent tool for formatting USB "HP windows Format Utility for USB"

just a word of warning if you have any USB HDD attached make sure you choose the USB stick before formatting
    Tried this and it still doesn't work. On Vix menu settings i have chosen USB Stick. But on CrossEPG settings i only have option of Internal Flash for storage device. Arrrgh so annoying.

What version of CrossEPG do you guys use?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok now on the Vix Setup screen when i select USB stick it asks to restart gui. When I press ok and box restarts when I go back to this screen it goes back to Internal Flash.

Title
    Thanks
    i have the same problem! but i select the hdd.
    the movies can i watch from the hdd!?

Title
    Thanks
    Ah man this is crap.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you might need to try a reflash and dont restore settings and then do full online updates and try it again that way, could be some files might of got corrupt
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    you might need to try a reflash and dont restore settings and then do full online updates and try it again that way, could be some files might of got corrupt
    hmm could be. May I ask what version of CrossEPG you use?

I did update my CrossEPG to one posted on this link:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...light=crossepg

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the version i got 0.6-svn-301-r1
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Interesting. Mines is 0.6.2 svn 300-r0 OE1.6 since I manually updated it. Wondering if that has a bug in it which is causing the internal flash problem.

Is there anyway I can downgrade without reflashing the entire box again?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if you can find the older version of the plugin and uninstall the one u have and re-install the older version. i dunno if it will work but give it a try, if not then you might need to reflash
    D I S C L A I M E R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast