Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: how to install rytec on vu.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

how to install rytec on vu.

Does anyone have a walkthrough for installing this...if someone could post a link that would be peachy - thanks.

I have no idea what the prefix means by the way - thats why im asking..heh

tar

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Its installed as default on the VIX image
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok - well, im on 2.0 and ive looked at some screenshots that someone else has shown me and mine looks roughly like theres but, theyve got all the trendy icons down the side whereas mine look a mess....how do i do that then....?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Do you have an PICONS downloaded?
    If not go into the Engima2 settins and download them from SILVERFOX thread and FTP these to your box.
    Reboot and if they come up on info bar follow next step
    Press the epg button and than menu, enable picture in graphics and reduce the number of channels from 11 to 5 and do a restart.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yup - im there - its all working but i have a question...the epg is sporadic...a good example would be if im surfing the channels i come across say for example BBC1 on 28e and theres nothing there - i then go on to the channel and a few seconds later back into the epg and its all there (on that channel) i find that across all channels going through the epg...is that the way it is or am i missing a setting....

many thanks for your help by the way....

Title
    Thanks
    Try a manual download

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Im there - its working now, literally just got it working this morning then left for work....just out of curiosity - i wasnt able to get to the forum from home or work for the last 24 hours - were there ISP issues??? or was it just me. Sorry going off topic, it think im using the rytec epg but i was messing around with cross epg - this is all new to me so is there a "best practice" type of thing to follow, only have one epg running etc etc....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    The forum was down for about 24hrs. You should only really use 1 epg provider, i.e. For sky uk i use CrossEPG OpenTV to get epg for astra 28.2e. The best for me so far.
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok - ive noticed that when ive gone to some channels (this morning put peppa pig on the for the kiddiewinks) something else was on - ive seen that a few times but i dont know if its either the provider or the epg thats the problem....this is on the rytec epg....so - what are they steps that you go through to use cross epg? then i could try that one instead.

Thanks for the help by the way....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok - so how would i stop one and start the other - reason i ask is that ive noticed the rytec epg is quite often wrong so i thought i could try the cross epg....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    oh - the other thing was that if i try a "search epg" on rytec it crashes enigma and has to restart...