Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to upgrade ET9000 via USB memory stick

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_westling View Post
    Hello
    I am thinking of upgrading my ET9000 from a 2.3 image (or maybe a 2.2 I'm not sure) to the 3.0 image.
    When I look at the fresh files (openvix-3.0.666-et9x00...) there arethe files:
    "imageversion"
    "kernel"
    "noforce"
    "rootfs"
    "splash"

in the installation guides it says that a file called "boot" should be present. Is "splash" replacing the need of the "boot" file?
    If not: how should the boot file be configured?

Is the bootloader dated 2012-may-13 the correct bootloader for openvix-3.0.666?
    I also wonder what ViX-2.3-20110930 in the imageversion file stands for? is that the version of the bootloader or should that be changed accordingly what openvix version that is supposed to be istalled after upgrading the bootloader.
    Probably I just make more difficult than it is
    Just want to be sure before I stab the USB stick in to the box...
    Just download the bootloader and latest image from quicklinks/openVix downloads.
    Unzip both.
    Copy the bootloader folder to an empty usb stick and install.
    Then clear usb stick, copy over the folder for the image (ET9x00) to the usb stick and flash.
    Last edited by twol; 20-05-13 at 17:58.