Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: plugin Project Valerie

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    It will get added as soon as andy gets a moment

how are u installing it

if you put ipk into /tmp [var/volotile/tmp] and telnet to box

cd to /tmp

and type ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

it will install the actual ipk file and nothing else

infact that command will install all and any ipk files that reside in /tmp

Yeah, tried that, still downloads & installs the old feed version though. Same on PLI nightly builds, but they have a more current version in the feeds now so not as bad.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    are u sure it downloading them and its not that u have in yr possetion the same version as on the feeds

can you uninstall all or any version

then install as i described above and post your telnet output here
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    I've tried to update also I had r492 installed I removed the plugin and installed the new version r5xx from the /temp folder (using ipk installer) and it completed, but when I launch Valerie it's still r492 weird!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    its a valarie issue in that case its not recogising the update chane and infact not installing

its all to do with the cache and how it registeres version
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    are u sure it downloading them and its not that u have in yr possetion the same version as on the feeds

can you uninstall all or any version

then install as i described above and post your telnet output here
    yeah, installing correctly but always picks the version in the VIX feed.
    Probably a valery bug but a lot of bugs have been fixed since the VIX version in the feeds, so adding the latest version to the feed would help.

Title
    Thanks
    Rev 529 Release date 19/03/11

Seems to be working ok
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t.ph For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (30-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Having problems with Rev 529 i downloaded it through vix plugins does anyone know how i can remove it from my box?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Go into plugins, red button remove pluins and fin it under extensions i think
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

killz187 (06-04-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, Just placed the newest build project-valerie_rev530_mipsel_oe16.ipk (2.8 MB) into the /tmp folder and installed via Vix Menu.
    It did install but installed version r529 (from the feeds im guessing) .
    Tried to do an update via the program but came back with something like

Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie). Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie). Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie). Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie is already installed on root.

I don’t seem to have any problems with v r529, apart from a LOT of false positives for my Wrestling shows, but I can sort that out at a later date.
    Any idea why it wont update? Is there a way to delete the program from the ViX feed, maybe that would allow me to update.

Many thanks
    1M Motorised Dish , Vu+ Duo (2TB HDD) , 70" 4K Sony Bravia TV , 7.1 Soround Sound , 8TB NAS , 200mb Internet

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Had to give it up as a bad job for the time being. It was syncing with HDD (the main timeshift, record drive) but with the second USB drive; HDD2, it was hanging on the first file. Multiple restarts and multiple resets of the cache and settings made no difference. I`m not sure if it was because HDD2 is NTFS or not. Might give it another go in a few months when its matured a bit.
    1M Motorised Dish , Vu+ Duo (2TB HDD) , 70" 4K Sony Bravia TV , 7.1 Soround Sound , 8TB NAS , 200mb Internet

Title
    Thanks
    Hi to all (my first post here).

I've found a temporary solution to this install thing.

Download the .ipk from the Project Valerie website.
    Unpack the .ipk (7zip worked for me) and then the .tar within.
    Then copy the usr folder to the / of your Vu+.

Thats it. Now you have your downloaded version installed (and not the outdated from the feed).

By the way, i think it's not a Valerie bug but a ViX image bug (had no problems with VTI or BlackHole) because it installs always the version from the feed and i doubt the Project Valerie team implemented the ViX feed adress for their updates...

Btw: Sorry for my english, i'm german and my english lessons at school are almost 20 years old.
    Last edited by avonpok; 03-05-11 at 22:59.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avonpok For This Useful Post:

killz187 (05-05-11),mauri (08-05-11),suityou69 (05-05-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Downloaded the new project-valerie-rev 583 ipk and put it in /temp and went to the box and installed it using ipk installer all went well,but when i go to projrct -valerie its still telling me to install a new version:r583 which i do but i still end up with version :r529.is there a fix to this?i think its still down loading the old version from the feed.I have tried the above method can not really understand it.

Can someone explain the above post please were it says

16. The Following User Says Thank You to killz187 For This Useful Post:

avonpok (05-05-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by killz187 View Post
    Downloaded the new project-valerie-rev 583 ipk and put it in /temp and went to the box and installed it using ipk installer all went well,but when i go to projrct -valerie its still telling me to install a new version:r583 which i do but i still end up with version :r529.is there a fix to this?i think its still down loading the old version from the feed.I have tried the above method can not really understand it.

Can someone explain the above post please were it says
    All sorted now after reading it a couple of times thanks avonpok.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The built in media player is beginning to test my patience so I'm considering giving this a go now. Do the Project Valerie in play controls, fast forward and rewind, work well or do they use the same functionality of the media player?

Etk
    Has anyone got this working? I've managed to install it but every time I try a scan of my NAS it just hangs, the error log says it can't find a blacklist file in hdd/valerie/ but I'm not sure if that's the reason its not playing. I'm stuck ono v906 as I can't get it to take anything later than that, again not sure if this is the problem. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the mac to extract the .ipk file so can't do as suggested above and manually install it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234