Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tm500 super image update question

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    kool hope he pokes his head into this thread
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    drop him a pm mate. he's a very helpful fella. on the forum he moderates it's well known for people to make threads titled "digidude please help me" and iv'e never seen him turn a request for help down.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no probz i'll drop him a pm now
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

digidude
    im not too sure why this happens, but, it seems to only affect some people, with differing images across ALL of TMs linux receivers. Personally, i think its something to do with the backup and restore scripts going a bit loopy during the update process.

first off, backup all the info you need, easiest way is via the miniweb. press and hold the power button on the receiver while powering on, and youll be given a number on the display. if your routers IP is 192.168.1.1, and the number on the receiver is 23, in a web browser enter 192.168.1.23 and press enter, youll be greeted with the miniweb. half way down, backup boquets and services, this will give you a tar.gz file containing all your channel data, save it, you can restore it after by using the same process. go back to the main screen

towards the bottom, youll see options to edit cccam, mgcamd, etc, choose the one that you use, scroll down, and youll see the full config, copy and paste either your line, or the whole lot, somewhere safe, youll need this to put back in later

now, you can also try reflashing from here, but, youll probably still have the same problem, so, turn the receiver off, and back on, and leave to fully boot

via the receivers menu, do a factory reset. when it boots up, turn the power off, and enter the uBoot menu by pressing the ^ button while powering on, turn your tv to scart input, using the onscreen options, do ANOTHER factory reset from the on screen options

reflash (preferably via serial cable)

go through the setup wizard

enter miniweb again, restore your boquets .tar.gz file

re enter your server line by using the edit cccam , mgcamd option. copy your line into thetop text box, and click ADD LINE

restart the receiver

should now be ok

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

bassethound (01-03-11),punisher (01-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers digi i will give that a go, but before I go through all of that is the new firmware a massive change from the previous one or is there no point as the firmware on tje box is working perfectly fine at the mo to do what i need it to
    D I S C L A I M E R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12