Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: **Member's Satellite Dish Gallery**

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    as promised a few pics of my dish / motor. truthfully i cant remember if it's 80 or 85 cm's and as for the make of the dish / motor god only knows as it's been up nearly ten years. although i will say this. in those ten years since i put them up iv'e only needed to replace the coax twice and the dish is rock solid as ever.
    also included a pic of my 50" lg telly but i couldnt get a good to scale pic ( took them with my phone while getting ready for work ) so i took one with my parrots beside too for scale purposes.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

banie01 (13-04-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    as promised a few pics of my dish / motor. truthfully i cant remember if it's 80 or 85 cm's and as for the make of the dish / motor god only knows as it's been up nearly ten years. although i will say this. in those ten years since i put them up iv'e only needed to replace the coax twice and the dish is rock solid as ever.
    also included a pic of my 50" lg telly but i couldnt get a good to scale pic ( took them with my phone while getting ready for work ) so i took one with my parrots beside too for scale purposes.
    lmao. Nice setup, but ... can tell you work in security with that camera there. One question, is that to ensure no-one nicks your sat dish? As it's set just at the point of entry for someone coming up a ladder
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    lmao. Nice setup, but ... can tell you work in security with that camera there. One question, is that to ensure no-one nicks your sat dish? As it's set just at the point of entry for someone coming up a ladder
    erm....it might be a bit more than a Camara
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    erm....it might be a bit more than a Camara
    lol, nah, no shotgun underneath it. Plus, I don't think it'd be like in homefront where it has a machine gun ... as phoenix is much more a shotgun man
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    nahh, it's just one of a system of four cameras covering the garden and driveway.
    but to be honest i dont think any one would be daft enough to try any thing, considering it's well known the last one who tried ended up with a bowie knife to his throat and a lock knife to his nuts.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    nahh, it's just one of a system of four cameras covering the garden and driveway.
    but to be honest i dont think any one would be daft enough to try any thing, considering it's well known the last one who tried ended up with a bowie knife to his throat and a lock knife to his nuts.
    lmao ... you crack me up, but I'm so glad that I ain't getting on the wrong side you (altho silver needs to worry I think )
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Punisher, just to update... I updated my settings yesterday, and got 16e working ... 67% snr...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Punisher, just to update... I updated my settings yesterday, and got 16e working ... 67% snr...
    Youve convinced me pooface im goin with the 85cm one. Now to see if i can get a bargain lol thanks for that mate
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    No prob... It is a great dish, and sure u won't be disappointed... Have heard some people say the orbital dish is quite good, but haven't ever used one, so can't say. Another good dish I've heard about is the one that's a weird shape (can't remember the name off top of head tho ). But they're quite rare dishes...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh i am kinda torn between the 2 but want alumiunium ones and not the steel ones. but ill have a good think and then go for it. ill let ya's know what i end up with and show the pictures
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    yeh i am kinda torn between the 2 but want alumiunium ones and not the steel ones. but ill have a good think and then go for it. ill let ya's know what i end up with and show the pictures
    Main reason I went for alu ... it's lighter. Lighter, less strain on the wall...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh thats exactly why i want to go for, gotta pay slightly more for aluminium but it'll be worth it in the long run
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Was thinking of getting one of the maximum e-85 or t-85 multifocus dishes from germany. Just want to be able to to get 28.2e, 19.2e, 13e and 0.8w, will this do the job or will i struggle with signal problems on 0.8w?. googled this dish but not much on anyone who's fitted them in england so i'm a bit in the dark. i know you can get a wave toroidal t90 but i'm not too keen on the size of it on me wall. Also this maximum dish is fairly cheap at 60 quid.

Title
    Thanks
    Well I thought I'd best update this thread on my current set as barring a new dish and 10/1 switches I've hit my limit on my TD88...
    til summer arrives anyway

I was experimenting with an adjustable aluminium multi lnb setup that whilst allowing great adjustment and signal peaking....
    Was a total PITA in wind
    Needed constant readjusting unlike my rock solid Triax multiblock.

So I've reverted to the multiblock and with some time
    I now have 7lnbs set up on it receiving 4.8',9/10', 13', 16', 19.2', 23.5', and 28.2.

I was having an issue with 23.5 where i wasn't receiving Sat BG and a few other TPs but after modding an lnb holder to sit @4mm higher on the bar(extra height while keeping the slope for the rest) and swapping for a narrow lnb at that position I'm now receiving @394 services from that bird I'm even outperforming a mates 1mtr motor there at the mo.

I've included pics of the(very simple)Mod I made to the LNB holder for the height gain on 23.5 too.

All told I'm pulling in over 6200 individual services with the added benefit of no waiting for the motor to swing and MultiSat PVR

IMG621.jpgIMG624.jpgIMG618.jpgIMG620.jpg
    Last edited by banie01; 13-01-12 at 17:26.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123