Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Setting up your external USB HDD with your Solo the easy way!

dj8377
    Is there a list of compatable hdd's for the solo? can someone please point me in the right direction? I am using a seagate 500 gb external desktop but it works for a couple of days, then I have to reboot for recording to work again? Thank you in advance.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    there are some listed in this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...lo+hard+drives

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

dj8377
    Thank you for your reply, the only problem is it it not not easy to see which hdd's listed are external powered hdd, I can not use an internal hdd as the solo does not support this, can anyone who has used a solo with an external powered please let me know which one worked? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Mounting was hell easy, but I never made the paths as described in this thread. Wasn't neccesary. It just worked after initialising.

However I can not delete programmed recordings...

I rebooted, restarted, took power off, deleted, reflashed and all, recordings keep comming back.

This is what happens:

1. I program a recording (regardless if I 'add timer' or 'configure auto-timer' both have the same issue)
    2. I delete this recording (I check the list and it isn't there anymore)
    3. I program a new recording
    4. The old recording pop backs into the list

This will keep happening untill the recording is actually fullfilled or I flash the box.
    So I can't get my old recordings deleted basically because everytime I add a new recording the old delted ones pop back into the list.

I run the latest VIX image on my Solo and use a 80GB ext. HDD. Timeshift and the actual recording (of both new and deleted programmed tasks...) work just fine.

satsedhu
    Dear sjattuh bro,I have just purchased VU+solo.Do you help me for setting and updates?
    Last edited by Sicilian; 28-10-11 at 10:49. Reason: normal font will surfice!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satsedhu View Post
    Dear sjattuh bro,I have just purchased VU+solo.Do you help me for setting and updates?
    Please start your own topic on what ever you are trying to do.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

tazmon17
    Hi

ive followed sicillian's tutorial and after ALOT of fiddling and retrying ive managed to get it set up a bit i think...

BUT... at first i could record but not use timeshift, but now i can use timeshift ok but whenever i try to record, i get a green screen crash notification and the system reboots quickly and returns without sound! if i change the channel, sound comes back... but its not letting me record now.. any suggestions?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hey all
    I've been struggling to set up an external HDD on my mates Solo. I had to initialise it using the original image. Then I flashed the box with VIX 2.3. Telnet into box to make the recording directory as in step 6 with command "mkdir /media/usb/movie" I then get a message saying something along the lines of "can't make directory"
    I've tried a few times with the same result. When i go into menu as in step 8 "8. Press Menu > Setup > System > Recording paths > Highlight Defualt movie location" Recording paths isn't there in 2.3, it was in the previous image as we tried to do this last week with the earlier image.

I can see the drive in mount manager if that helps but i'm a bit stuck what to try next. It is showing as being formatted as EXT 3.

Do I need to go back to the original image and mount it as per this instruction tutorial or should I be able to get it working in VIX 2.3?

Any help would be most welcome

Many thanks in advance
    micscave

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Please remove as it posted twice.
    Last edited by micscave; 26-11-11 at 18:35.

Title
    Thanks
    hi all
    what the best imaje for vu+solo?
    thancks for all and sory for bade english

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kardasi View Post
    hi all
    what the best imaje for vu+solo?
    thancks for all and sory for bade english
    Moved your post into its own topic as it has nothing to do with this topic. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...e-for-the-Solo
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

nickydoc
    thanks scillian,

I Followed your instructions

however,after my first attempt i got the green screen and it kept rebooting.

i reinstalled my image vix2.2, reconnected my hdd, iomega 500Gb and all is great.
    the only difference is i created my path is a different directory.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Im trying to telnet to my solo box im leaving password blank keep getting message saying login incorrect

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    what username?
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    User name is Root im leaving password blank keeping getting message saying login incorrect

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast