Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ duo stream your box via Internet from anywhere in the world

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ duo stream your box via Internet from anywhere in the world

Hi guys I have been told it is possible can someone tell me how I have my vu duo workin on my iPhone but only when I'm at home now I want to take it to the next level can someone help...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Found this post using the site search function

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ghlight=iphone
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I can stream via my router no problem... I want to know if I can't stream away from home I.e if I was at work or 200 miles away from home but view the content off my box..??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Depends wat ur upload/download speeds are really. They need to be high, in particUlar the upload speed. I had 50mb down/5mb up with virgin and stream outside home was ok, bit of glitches but nothing too bad. Now im on 100mb down/10mb up and streaming SD channels is pretty much perfect outside the house when connected to wifi and 3g
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Maximum Download Speed 10242000 bps
    Maximum Upload Speed 514000 bps

im not going to bother... let me know if anyone on 10 meg is stable then i will try...

Title
    Thanks
    could'nt get this to work on android well it works on my wireless at home but not when i try my 3g shame

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by can7 View Post
    could'nt get this to work on android well it works on my wireless at home but not when i try my 3g shame
    What app are you using, I use AndroidDreamer and set up a VPN and use a VLC server , see link below, but I also have a 8 Mb/s upload which probably helps.

Code:
    http://www.tillekesoft.com/ANDR_instructions.html
    Last edited by Larry-G; 03-01-12 at 18:16. Reason: no live links on the forum please.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    What app are you using, I use AndroidDreamer and set up a VPN and use a VLC server , see link below, but I also have a 8 Mb/s upload which probably helps.

http://www.tillekesoft.com/ANDR_instructions.html
    i tested Dreamdroid & AndroidDreamer with both i can search bouqets on my wireless and watch tv its when i switch to 3g i cant connect.

Title
    Thanks
    i tested Dreamdroid & AndroidDreamer with both i can search bouqets on my wireless and watch tv its when i switch to 3g i cant connect.
    May be a silly question, but do you have a static ip set up to use ?, if you do its dead easy to set up a VPN and you only need to forward one port in your router

Title
    Thanks
    May be a silly question, but do you have a static ip set up to use ?, if you do its dead easy to set up a VPN and you only need to forward one port in your router
    Yep i set a static ip for my vu+

Title
    Thanks
    Yep i set a static ip for my vu+
    No, you need to set a static IP for your network to access it from outside, your isp can provide this at a cost, but i use www.no-ip.com and enable dynamic dns in my router. Check this out

http://www.no-ip.com/getting_started.php

Title
    Thanks
    I use DreamDroid with Daroon player on my Desire S. Ok while using WiFi but 3g buffers to much. With the latest 2.3 image open port 60805.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vu-duo-user View Post
    I use DreamDroid with Daroon player on my Desire S. Ok while using WiFi but 3g buffers to much. With the latest 2.3 image open port 60805.
    Yeah I found Dreamdroid to be fine for streaming over LAN, but with AndrioidDreamer you use VLC Player on a PC with web interface enabled to do the decoding, which means you need a PC left on running this on your network, but it streams far better, over 3G as well.

Title
    Thanks
    No, you need to set a static IP for your network to access it from outside, your isp can provide this at a cost, but i use www.no-ip.com and enable dynamic dns in my router. Check this out

http://www.no-ip.com/getting_started.php
    is that the same as setting a dmz ip address i see that option in my router ?

Title
    Thanks
    No, DMZ is for allowing a device on your LAN unrestricted 2 way access through your firewall. When you set up a static ip at no-ip (used to use DynDns but you have to pay for it now) even though your ISP gives you a Dynamic IP address, you can connect to anything in your network from the internet , you will get something like chippy.no_ip.org, and you can set your router, or there are a few programs out there like DUC (Dynamic Update Client) 3.0, which keep your no-ip.org address current with your Dynamic one assigned from your ISP.

So if i wanted to connect to the Webif of my Vu Duo from someone elses house over the internet, or via 3g from my phone,I would type chippy.no-ip.org:3255 , where 3255 is the port you have forwarded to the http port 80 or whatever you have set it, in your Vu Du, into my browser and it will connect to my box from anywhere.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast