Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Should I change my Vu+duo ?

Title
    Thanks

Should I change my Vu+duo ?

Hello and Merry Christmas to all,

Since i got bored lately I was thinking about changing my vuplus duo with something else. Since I got my duo I never used the second tuner and probably I never will so why keep a twin tuner receiver ? I bought the duo because there was nothing else performance wise at that price range back then and since there are I few now on the market I thought why not change it with a single tuner receiver ?

So my question is: is there something worth changing my duo with or should I just keep my duo ? Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Well a gud single tuner is the vu uno. Takes an internal hdd too and blind scan capable if u ever require it. Chek out the sponsor
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have just bought a Blade media 7000 and i must admit i found it to be a really good box picture on it is fantastic the vu is a better box but if you want something a little cheaper but good quality then the blade is a great buy

Title
    Thanks
    Even if you don't have anything connected to the second tuner on the VU+Duo it can still be useful.

If you configure tuner B in your settings for a loopthrough to tuner A it will allow you to record more channels and view more channels than a single tuner receiver. This is a virtual loopthrough on the VU+Duo. This is useful as it allows you to watch additional channels across multiple transponders. It is obviously not as good as having a direct connection but is useful.

The Uno will not give you this facility.

Title
    Thanks
    Why have chicken when you already have steak as it be said.
    I am also not getting into this box is better than that one blah blah, as it bores me.
    I was thinking of selling my duo few week back.
    Stupid really, afterall i do use both tuners, but before i did i only ever purchased the box due to reliability, build quailty and performance due tot poxy 800 i had back then and was informed about these duo's, this was and stil is one of the best buys for me.
    Today it is just as good as any new box in my opinon.
    WHY? because i can watch hd in clear hd like anyone else, record like any other, inbuilt hd, it does the job like any other box but obviously alot better than other's.
    It boils down mainly to some whom feel they have to keep up with the jone's and sell old one's and buy new one's, i.e rat race.
    This is way i see it, but my duo is perfect in everyway for me.
    I have motor on one tuner and normal dish on other tuner thuis i can record whilst watching.
    I don't need a box for anything else like youtube etc as that's what laptops etc are for.
    Basically why sell the cracking box you have for alot little than originally purchased and then go out and buy another for same price which at this current pricing of boxes you simply ain't getting anything compared to the duo.
    Short and sweet, DON'T SELL as you will regret it

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxylady For This Useful Post:

canthackit (27-12-11),snakie (26-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Well said Foxylady.
    I would never downgrade my vuduo,unless that would be vu ultimo.