Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) 25-12-2011

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    to be fair MGcam has nothing to do with us or the kernel, ask the authors of the cam to fix it them selves.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    hi !

Is channel list incompatible with the previous release ? I have put the list using dreambox edit 3.0.0 and "service unavailable" on all channels. With previous backup (Vix 2.3GM) all OK.

Rescanning transponders now manually.
    VU+ Duo + VIX 2.3 , DreamBox DM500 HD iCVS + GeminiProject III , Opticum 9500 HD + NaFan Enigma 3.0

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    i dont use DBE i use dreamset and never had an issue sending settings back to box. try a rescan see if it comes back, make sure your tuner settings are set up properly too
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am running version 2.3, so i did a software update...... have now downloaded the update and restarted the box....... and just like every other time i do this, the box does not come back on.... it sits on starting, now, is this down to the fact that when the box is power`d off and back on... the hdd boots up straight away and keeps running, and i`m thinking this stop the box from reloading the image again, i`ve had this a few times now on my box, and it seem to be a hit or a miss if the box will restart properly, and i believe that the box will only restart once the hdd stops running ???

and like most times, i`ll need to put my back-up on a stick to re-install and image ????
    Last edited by wullboy; 25-12-11 at 13:49.
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alpa View Post
    There are problems with this kernel.
    When using mgcamd and zapping channels for 5 mins, all of the sudden some chanels don't open (black screen) while others are ok, this happens on any channels. the only solution is restart, then all seems fine for another 5 mins.

I first noticed this issue with BH and beta kernel when they released, reported it, but it seems it;s not fixed.

I'm switching back to old kernel, till get confirmation that this issue is fixed.
    I think that same or similar problem exists with oscam BUT with older kernel. VU+ only problem. I think they fu*!?d something.

HTML Code:
    [QUOTE]http://www.oscam.to/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9593[/QUOTE]
    Please do not post live links
    Last edited by Stanman; 25-12-11 at 20:16. Reason: Hard coded link

alpa
    They definitely did.
    Neverthless I'm switching back to old kernel. Until VU fixes this, if they ever?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    report it to vu or speak to authors mgcamd to update to work with new kernel, only way around it
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    I am running version 2.3, so i did a software update...... have now downloaded the update and restarted the box....... and just like every other time i do this, the box does not come back on.... it sits on starting, now, is this down to the fact that when the box is power`d off and back on... the hdd boots up straight away and keeps running, and i`m thinking this stop the box from reloading the image again, i`ve had this a few times now on my box, and it seem to be a hit or a miss if the box will restart properly, and i believe that the box will only restart once the hdd stops running ???

and like most times, i`ll need to put my back-up on a stick to re-install and image ????
    this is what andy had to say about slow bootup after flashing image

if you where on the old 2.2 images, make sure your on the new boot loader that came with 2.3,

also the long boot time on first flash it may be that you HDD / USB stick are being checked for errors, try to listen for the HDD activity. if you can here it just wait.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alpa View Post
    They definitely did.
    Neverthless I'm switching back to old kernel. Until VU fixes this, if they ever?
    as i said this has nothing at all to do with Vu or the kernel it is the cam's makers who must update it on their end, by all means go complain to them if your not happy.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    this is what andy had to say about slow bootup after flashing image
    Punisher m8, i did not need to update the image as i am on the latest image v3.2. yes the update was slow, so i came out of the update setting, went back in, got the update, updated the box, THEN i get the same old problem, THIS box will not restart after an update, the box sits on the starting mode, so my last post still stands, this box refuse`s to restart, i am now going to re-install my back up again, as my box will not reboot.......

also, it has a bad habit of loosing the hdd mount within the box
    Last edited by wullboy; 25-12-11 at 14:50.
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Thanks
    IMerry Xmas To ALL! I have the same the Vuduo isn't starting after flashing the new image I have wait a hour but no way. I will go back to preavious image.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no i mean, did you do a software update or did you reflash the new image?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    I have reflashed the bootloader...and the flashed this image...and it works...however when setting the image and selected not to restore the settings it crashes and it will restart and you have to select yes for restore the settings...i guesss it is a bug

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900 View Post
    I have reflashed the bootloader...and the flashed this image...and it works...however when setting the image and selected not to restore the settings it crashes and it will restart and you have to select yes for restore the settings...i guesss it is a bug
    can you upload that crash log here for us ?.

also remember guys ive already said this once please make sure you are using the latest bootloader before you flash the image.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    can you upload that crash log here for us ?.

also remember guys ive already said this once please make sure you are using the latest bootloader before you flash the image.
    I was on the latest bootloader with image ViX-2.3.133-vuduo and did online update...and you know the problem.

where to find the log?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast