Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help!.... Lost HDD & recordings.

Title
    Thanks

Please help!.... Lost HDD & recordings.

I'm running VIX 2.2.100
    I unplugged my USB stick. This crashed my box.
    I've re-booted. Now HDD is no longer mounted. What do I do? If I re-intialise will I lose all the files???
    What do I do??? I don't want to reformat drive.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Go into mount manager by pressing blue button/ViX and just mount the hdd as media/hdd
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Dont initialise or reformat. go to menu>setup>vix and select mount manager, this will scan for any devices, when you see your HDD it will show you the disk name, size, device, mount and type,
    Press the Blue button to mount it,
    If the mount fails and you still cant see your recordings go back into the mount manager select your disk highlight it and then press the Red button - Use as HDD
    It appears that nothing happens but it is running a process in the background and you may get asked to reboot.
    If you try to reboot and get a message telling you there are processes running and are you sure you want to reboot now say NO and give it 10 mins then try again, you will know when you can safely reboot because there will be no message about running processes.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for helping out. Really appreciate it.
    Mount does fail. Pressed Red (use as HDD)... how long does this take? I'm being patient. But does look like nothing is happening??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    should take less than a minute to setup the mount you shouldnt be waiting too long
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Mount fails. Pressed red... Nothing happening. Left it for ages. Still shows Mount: None & Type: Unavailable.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Did you try a reboot after the press RED fail, also if you use filezilla to get into the box from your pc and find the HDD under the Media folder, then right click and set the file permissions to xxx as this will allow all read/write permissions for the HDD that are needed to mount.

Title
    Thanks
    Rebooted a few times... no difference.
    Sorry. Lost me now. I don't use filezilla.
    frustrating :-)

Title
    Thanks
    Is there anyway to scan disc for errors...

Title
    Thanks
    Tried File system check... I get this message???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alias1
    edit fstab under /etc and add the following line

/dev/sda1 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

Title
    Thanks
    Fstab.. my file

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
    usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
    tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0
    UUID=D6B6-5BF9 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0
    UUID=5bb3fb19-f1f9-4833-8c60-87197822746b /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
    Can you explain a bit more???

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by MatLCFC View Post
    Fstab.. my file

Can you explain a bit more???
    Did you try it no!!
    Back up the old one and add that line what it effectivetly does is force the device sda1 to mount as /media/hdd
    Just try it reboot the box and see

Title
    Thanks
    I've given it a go. Rebooted. Still no different.

I've tried running fsck /dev/sda1 using telnet in dcc.exe but it says no file or directory found?

If you click setup mounts in Vix it shows the drive Samsung HD 103SJ /dev/sda1 it suggests mount to /media/sda1 should it show /media/hdd??
    I've tried changing it to /media/hdd but it switches back when the box reboots.

I've got no idea what else to try now... aghhh!

I'm convinced there is an error on the drive.. but can't work out a way to scan it???

Cheers for the suggestions. Anything else I should try??

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes mate it should show as device /dev/sda1/ and mounted as /media/hdd.

i'm still trying to suss why it's not recognising as should be.

regards: canthackit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast