Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ET9200 complete faq/guides needed please

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If the dish is from a previous sky installation in the UK is probably pointing to 28.2 which is completely wrong for Italian TV as Italian TV is on Hotbird 13deg.

I suggest you get an installer to check where the dish is pointing an make sure the LNB is working correctly.
    thanks Sicilian, to be honest i'm only wanting to get the freeview channels sorted as reception is truly awful with just my aerial - one channel, or 2 at best - so will get a motorised one when I move house in march

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikizmo View Post
    *edit please delete*
    is the dish a fixed dish or motorized ?
    is it a sky mini dish or a larger rounded dish ?.
    have you used this dish before for any thing else such as sky uk ?
    if you can answer the above then i suggest you pay a installer to come and check as it may be so old it's of no use to you.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    it's a sky mini dish pheonix.
    Sorry I thought I already posted a reply to you on here saying that.
    It's a fixed one.
    Basically just before I moved in here, the sky box was setup to an old tv and worked fine for the fta channels, then, when I moved in, the sky box had gone, and, the wiring was still here (2 wires), just with the ends pulled off. There is also wiring in another room (2 wires).

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well then it's a sky dish pointing to 28.2 east so you can use it for FTA on 28.2 east although you wont get any italian channels from this satellite as sicilain said you need to be pointing else where for that.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    that's great thanks. so in the setup 'scanning' stage how do I actually tell the box to scan 28.2 east?

Title
    Thanks
    Manual Scan > Type of scan=Single satellite > Satellite=Astra Eurobird......(28.2) > OK

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Lambton Worm For This Useful Post:

mikizmo (20-12-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as you only have feeds for sky uk set up your tuners to that.

on the receiver menu>setup>services>tuner setup

FOR ASTRA 28.2E, it should be single and simple on both and sat should be 28.2E then you need to exit from this screen and do a scan on the 28.2 east.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mikizmo (20-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    that's great thanks guys. will let you know how it goes

Title
    Thanks
    ok, it was a little bit more in-depth changing the settings but I got there
    thanks so much for your help so far guys .. i've found the gospel channel (no really!) and radio stations so far.
    Was fed up as I have heard great things about this receiver but am very new so appreciate all your help

with regards to ccCam, I have no idea how to use this and no idea how to ask, and, wanting to avoid bans, will leave this out for now. I really am just out to explore all the posibilities that this great box has to offer thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    CCcam in it self is fine as it's just a software emulation of a hardware based CAM or conditional access module, it is used to read your card and decrypt it in place of a dedicated hardware CAM unit. The iffy part comes where people use the softcam to share cards over the internet allowing for illegal viewing of pay channels.

if you have a sky card we can help you set this up to work with a softcam but if you dont have one best not ask any further.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I guess i'm just confused about ccCam then, because I thought you could configure it to view channels that weren't encrypted.
    So.. in a nutshell, if I have a valid subscription card, how will ccCam help me? I'm not talking about sky, because I know that with a valid card you can get sky working through the ET box, and, what else can I use ccCam for - other than the aforemention illegal activities. I used to have a linux based dbox 2 and found that to be really great. I really just want to explore everything on this box

Title
    Thanks
    oh and another quick question if I may.
    I have the box setup on my home network, and, am enjoying being able to view it's various settings etc. via http.
    But what exactly do people do with this? I mean i'm enjoying the fact I can access my box through my connection etc. but am not really sure what I can do?
    I mean if it's easier to edit bouquets/channels etc. this way then great. Is there a kind of FAQ in regards to this? thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    CCcam is just a softcam and is used to read the card allowing you to use your card in a box not issued by the services provider along with other illegal activities, as for the HTTP activities. well you can stream live or recorded content from your receiver to your PC /laptop or connected tv etc amongst other things.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    here are a few tutorials that may be of interest to you

Tutorial - How to make a screenshot / dump from your satellite receiver
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...llite-receiver

Tutorial - How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t-in-Windows-7

Satellites.xml "merge" Trick
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ighlight=merge
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here

How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here
    How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here

SIMPLES.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

mikizmo (20-12-11),Sicilian (21-12-11),victoriahenri (29-04-12)

Title
    Thanks
    ok great thanks a lot. Have had to re-scan as for some reason it was reading a different position on the 2nd tuner and after I had completed a scan it said '0 channels found', so will take it from there and have a read of the tutorials
    many thanks pheonix, i'm looking forward to streaming music/movies etc. from my laptop would be great to be able to setup to be honest

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast