Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Spiderbox 9000HD......or not?

Title
    Thanks

Spiderbox 9000HD......or not?

I think that I've decided to buy the SpiderBox 9000HD.
    Anyone have any comments on this box before I buy it?
    I don't see much difference between the 9000 and 9900.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Give the sponsor a pm here on the forum or send him an email and im sure he'l be able to guide u to what u need
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    they are very slow channel change and well known for freezing, if you want a cheep box i would buy a vu+solo all day they are well worth the money

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Or the xtrend et5000. Its a fantastic linux box and supports the awsome vix image. I got the solo too and i love that box so u got a few choices. As i said have a word with the sponsor and see what suits ya
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    For a non-linux box they're pretty good, the 9900 has a newer CPU and is much faster.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    yeah i have to agree with sic on this one im a major linux fan but for a non linux a spider is brilliant

only thing i will say its a *!;./x+ to find what to do on the remote

somtimes when adding items in menu or wrtiting text its not just a simple scroll to OK button but rather a series of buttons that i can never remember to get to OK

But once your fluent in spider then it wont ensnare you in its web of annoyance and is a fun box to use
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

paul and kay
    Hi , another none linux box to look at would be blade media 7000s is a very good receiver . Picture quality very good easy to get on with and lots of help from forum. Depends on what you want from receiver ,with me its just ease of use lets say if you know what your doing you can get lots of enjoyment from this receiver lots of channels.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My experience of a Spiderbox 9000 was great but I found it weakness to be the CS side of things and that was my only reason for getting rid of it. Glitching or freezing is its downfall & you'll only notice this when you get into the CS side of things.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    God......I brought a spider when they first arrived .......and must say I had so much trouble with it freezing.....so got rid and brought a duo. But in saying that....I now use the spider as a second box in the bedroom and must say the freezing issue is better but still dont like the thing and will be getting another duo soon.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moogwai View Post
    God......I brought a spider when they first arrived .......and must say I had so much trouble with it freezing.....so got rid and brought a duo. But in saying that....I now use the spider as a second box in the bedroom and must say the freezing issue is better but still dont like the thing and will be getting another duo soon.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
    Have you loaded the latest patched firmware? Should fix freezing issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Have you loaded the latest patched firmware? Should fix freezing issue.
    hi

what date is the latest patch

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    its the only patch in downloads that is the network patch

fixes issues with network freezing
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓