Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought VU+UNO advice on best image

Title
    Thanks

Just bought VU+UNO advice on best image

Just bought vu+uno just wondering whats the best image for 7 day epg

its being deliverd tomorrow.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    VIX or Vix or VIX

integrated crossEPG, opentv on 28./2E will give you 7 days as well as on many European satellites.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    ok looks like ill be using vix then ! ill let you know how it goes when it arrives tomorrow

jjp2701
    blackhole images are very good m8, and solid images too

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Black Hole Images for me
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    just waned to point out in this thread and what i have seen in many threads

when a question like this arrises alot of people get on trhe bandwaggon and post a one word reply thats doesnt mean anything

so far the real anseer that OP has gotten is from stanman he has had the courtosy of explaining why he thinks VIX is better and what it does

where as other just post the image name and not justify why

im not gonna even get on that band waggon and say to OP do what i did, Try em all and make up yr own mind, suggestions are great but its yiou that will be using it so try and see what you like

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

7. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Stanman (21-10-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    personally i say VIX but thats hardly surprising now is it ?. however i have tried all other images at least onec and in my honest opinion ( hand on heart ) VIX is by far the most user friendly image going, we go to great lengths to make a image that any one can easily get to grips with from the guy who has never even used a third party receiver to the old sat geek like me.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    I tried a few images when i came on the sat scene with my vu duo and after that all i came to vix and still here, purely because the skins awsome the stuff thats integrated into the image like Inadyn, Crossepg, the quickepg(scrolling left and right through channels without changing channel), the countless requests i made to andy to add this and that and he has delivered on everything. Even some of the new things on vix 2.3. Feedback and new features are accepted wholely from anyone who uses it The countless hours that go into making an image that the users want and love is unreal lol but like its been said above, you are the one thats going to use it like i was with my duo and so its ultimately you that will have to go about finding what best suits you and your needs

ViX all the way hehe cnt blame me
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ellblud View Post
    Just bought vu+uno just wondering whats the best image for 7 day epg.
    You wouldn't be surprised to get "ViX" for an answer on a ViX-forum, would you?
    But really the best thing to do is to convince yourself: just give a couple of images a try, use each of them for a couple of days, and then make your own choice; based on what is impostant for you. And don't stick to the skin an image comes with: try several others as well.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    You wouldn't be surprised to get "ViX" for an answer on a ViX-forum, would you?
    But really the best thing to do is to convince yourself: just give a couple of images a try, use each of them for a couple of days, and then make your own choice; based on what is impostant for you. And don't stick to the skin an image comes with: try several others as well.
    Haha rob lol

First you talk of getting vix as an answer on vix forum then you just sneak it in there for the skin lol

Btw rob is the creator of the magic skin

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    just waned to point out in this thread and what i have seen in many threads

when a question like this arrises alot of people get on trhe bandwaggon and post a one word reply thats doesnt mean anything

so far the real anseer that OP has gotten is from stanman he has had the courtosy of explaining why he thinks VIX is better and what it does

where as other just post the image name and not justify why

im not gonna even get on that band waggon and say to OP do what i did, Try em all and make up yr own mind, suggestions are great but its yiou that will be using it so try and see what you like

I could quite easily reel off a load of reasons why I would recommend BH images and to answer the OP I honestly believe BH image offer the best epg solution all round but I think it would not only be wrong but also disrespectful to this board to do so.

So for that reason alone I think the basic answer of an image recommendation is not an invalid post.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    Thanks
    Ok i have downloaded VU+ Control Centre Version 0.3 but it wont let me connect to my ip.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Download Filezilla for the FTP side and Putty for the Telnet side,both work perfectly.

Have you inputted your username and password? (should be blank if you did not change it)

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    vix for me

Title
    Thanks
    vix for me also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast