Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: [ET5000] Whata nice box this is ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

[ET5000] Whata nice box this is ...

As the title says whata nice box this et5000 is. I havent had much of a chance to play around with it as work been bummin the life outa me lol but so far from what i have done the box is pretty awsome (and im comparing to duo and solo)
    couple of things ive noticed

1) the et5000 is so much quicker for me than the solo and the duo in e2 restarts/gui restarts and even a full reboot

2) the remote response is so much better duo and solo sometimes a pain, whether its the remote or not im not too sure

3) the flashing process of an image via usb i prefer to duo/solo purely because for me as lazy as this is i like the idea of not having to remove the usb just to flash and unplug after reflash, this et5000 i just transfer the folder to the root of usb via ftp and then reboot and only thing i have to do is press the up arrow and thats it, let it flash and reboots by itself too (wo0o0o0oho0o0oo lol) and then when it boots up it doesnt automatically start to load the flash file on the usb, it gives u the option to by going orange on the display and then if you dont chose an options it boots up as normal and away i go, remove the image folder from usb and im good to go lol i know this is lazy but i dont care

4) even though it doesnt have a fan, it runs slightly cooler than solo, but with it being on a glass stand it isnt much of an issue anyway, i was xpecting it to be baking hot lol but it isnt

all in all so far i love this lil box, looks real nice too
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

bassethound (04-08-11),Sicilian (04-08-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Nice quick review the Punisher, yep great receiver too imo. If get a chance to try out any skins that are posted for other E2 receiver please let us know.

Btw moved here as the topic is not directly ViX related
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry mate that was a blonde moment lol yeh ill give a few random skins a try and see how they come up ive already gt a few in mind that i wana try anyway
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

5. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (04-08-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Nice quick review of the ET5000 m8

might get one day my self!
    Last edited by bassethound; 04-08-11 at 16:12.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh i mean if this was here when i got the solo then i prolly woulda gone for this, thats not to say the solo is no good cuz the solo is very good too but this is quicker than the solo on a few things
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just been messing about with a couple of skins and so far i keep coming back to vix hd lol
    i tried glass hd skin and although it mite look good it seems to install a whole load of extra stuff on it that i have no idea about, and although it may work there is a major problem with the virtualkeyboard file it tries to install when you install the skin. it overwrites the vix virtualkeyboard.pyo fileand causes a green screen when you try to use the virtualkeyboard. now this may not be a big issue but thought id mention it. i tested this on the latest public release.
    another skin i found really nice was the elgato hd skin. really simple and nice lookin skin. missing the ecm details and that that the vix hd skin shows and glass hd but simplicity is sometimes nice. but again it seems most of the skins i have messed around with are missing components that are key to the vix image and only the vix hd skin does that as it is primarily made for the vix image.
    the skins are out there for you to try and on this ET5000 it does show db readings instead of SNR etc etc but im quite happy with the vix hd skin on this et5000
    D I S C L A I M E R

9. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

bassethound (04-08-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Doing a backup via Image Manager and Backup Manager a lot quicker on ET5000 than my Duo and Solo lol
    D I S C L A I M E R