Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.0 - 09/02/2011

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t.ph View Post
    Big thank you to the VIX Team for a great image all working perfect (other than any bugs already pointed out by others)

A little tip for other peeps........Try reading through all the 30 pages in this topic & a few other topics before posting your so called problems because if you bothered to search a bit you will find that it is the SAME OLD SAME OLD problems being posted & the majority of answers are already out there.

Thanks again to the VIX Team
    Also, do updates before posting problems
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Also, do updates before posting problems
    Wud love to install updates if i cud but cant unfortunately, cant see plugins either and no1 seems to know why, no fun really...

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperspeedR View Post
    Wud love to install updates if i cud but cant unfortunately, cant see plugins either and no1 seems to know why, no fun really...
    Have you done a network test and does it pass apart from LOCAL?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Prioryman
    Well, playing with it now and have to say - really nice work guy's - It's slick and clean, just the way a professional image should be. Makes the VU+ Duo preform as it should.

Thanks again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Having a bit of a problem with updating EPGs. I start the download and all seems to work fine i.e. goes to radio mode and starts downloading and then parsing, however the screen does not go out of radio mode to proceed with loading the epg and eventually I get a "Tuner configuration error" on a black screen. This doesn't make sense as the tuners and settings are working fine. At one point I got a green screen when zapping channels and I pressed the green button to go to Satellite level. I suspect the underlying issue here is an intermittent network connection as I've got the shoutcast plugin not showing any channels either. The error log attached from this green screen seems to support the network theory since there are loads of crc errors in there.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

cheers

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Have you done a network test and does it pass apart from LOCAL?
    Yep just local that doesnt connect, cant figure why though..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    thats a bug that the devs are aware of, so dont worry too much about it as everything should still work regardless
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    thats a bug that the devs are aware of, so dont worry too much about it as everything should still work regardless
    ya everything is working fine so i can stil watch tv but cant get plugins or updates which is a bit frustrating as i dont know why this is happening, hopefully some1 can shed some light on it over the next few days

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    try this, im not sure if other have tried it but give it a whirl. you should have in Plugins Menu "web interface". go into that and make a note of your "HTTP Port". then login to your Routers config page and add the IP address of the box "192.168.x.x" into port forwarding or a virtual server depending on what router you have and forward the HTTP Port (default is 80 i think) that you wrote down to that ip address, save and apply those settings, reboot the box and then try
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Decided to upgrade from my rock solid VIX 1.2
    Vix 2.0 flashes correctly, but as others have said, i have no plugins or updates.
    Router Netgear DGN2000

I have reflashed the DUO 4 times.
    I have rebooted my router 10 times. (now effecting my BRASS rating, so slightly slower internet for the next 3 days)
    I have reset the router back to factory settings, and re-set everything up.
    I have hard reset my router including the 60 second memory flush procedure.

Everything shows OK apart from "Local" in the DUO network settings.
    I can FTP to the box, but cannot install a new bouquet. That might just be a dreamboxedit thing though.
    I am accessing the forums from the same router as the box.
    In "connected devices" in the router, the Duo is showing "VUDUO".

Ran out of ideas now...?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fulabeer View Post
    Vix 2.0 flashes correctly, but as others have said, i have no plugins or updates.
    Router Netgear DGN2000

I have rebooted my router 10 times. (now effecting my BRASS rating, so slightly slower internet for the next 3 days)

I can FTP to the box, but cannot install a new bouquet. That might just be a dreamboxedit thing though.

Ran out of ideas now...?
    A few have reported this issue, very strange.

Please explain how you are running software update?

Your Ip isn't blocked to the server otherwise you wouldn't be able to access here.

I'm actually using the public release myself and do not and have not experianced this issue, nor have any other members of the team. Out of thousands of downloads only a few a are reporting this issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mg7 View Post
    To andyblac:

I just try to find it to insert the command line witch allows hypercam to be launched (ex: /usr/bin/hypercam -c /usr/bin/hypercam.cfg)

where is the default place for the config ?, to find out, place the softcam exe in '/usr/softcams' and then the command with the -c switch and see were it tries to read it from. let me know the output.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rob76 View Post
    For those of you that like checklists I've knocked out a few steps for reflashing from scratch. Dunno how useful this will be but I find it handy...

6) Enable debug logs from VIX menu
    Please only enabled debug in ViX settings, if we tell you to, other your internal flash will fill up, to understand why, EVERYTHING Enigma2 is doing is been logged. so after a week or so the log will be massive. and fill up your internal flash.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title

Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fulabeer View Post
    Router Netgear DGN2000

Ran out of ideas now...?

Same here guys, I installed PLI 2.0. last night to test the wireless and it worked.
    Now i`m back to Vix 1.2, my favorite image.

Vinnie

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    Please only enabled debug in ViX settings, if we tell you to, other your internal flash will fill up, to understand why, EVERYTHING Enigma2 is doing is been logged. so after a week or so the log will be massive. and fill up your internal flash.
    Noted.

Can you please modify my post so it's not misleading for others? (Don't think I can modify it myself)

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast