Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: ViX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.3 - 19/11/2011

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi All

First a very merry Christmas for everyone on the ViX Team and all the best for 2012 !!!

Just a small question : when I install the new bootloader can I then still use older and other images ???

Thank's in advance, Tom
    Set 1 : VU+ Solo 4K with OpenViX 5.1.002 & OScam 11390
    Set 2 : VU+ Solo 2 with OpenViX 5.1.012 & OScam 11397
    Sats : VisioSat G4 Quadro - 4x 13.0E & 19.2E & 23.5E & 28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Yes with the vus u can use older images too
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

ToMaJo (26-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I am running an old version of VIX (think it's 1.3, but not sure) and before I left for a loooong holliday in Thailand, I configured for remote streaming via https, and checked that everything worked fine. Then I had to unplug the tuner and I forgot to shut down and save the configuration, so no it's gone! I can access one of my servers remotely and get access to the network, so I can use webremote, but when I try to use BoxControl and WebRemote, there is no way I can access the plugins and reconfigure so I can enable https on the correct port.

I can access the box via a putty, and I am sure there must be a configuration file I can edit manually, but I have absolutely no ide what to look for.. Can someone please give me an advice?

Cheers and happy new year to you all

ulfh

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raitsa View Post
    Guys, a bit unsure if this enigma2-skin-dmconcinnity-hd-pli_1.2 skin is compatible with ViX 2.3 for Vu+ Duo?

This skin: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ity-hd-pli_1-2
    thank you.... this is a really nice skin.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Added support for HDMI-CEC - This image now allows you to control your box using your tv remote. Remember, this is still experimental at the moment, and can work differently between different brands of TV makes/models
    I find this kind of strange - when using a TV with a box like a VU duo/et9000 etc most of the functionality is used on the sat box e.g. the only thing the TV does is show the picture and then perhaps the volume is a good option on the TV.

Why would anyone want to do this? Shouldn't all the effort be used to allow the sat box remote turn on and off the TV and control the volume? e.g. Get the major brands working... HDAVI etc etc?

Example: I have an ET9000 with vix 2.3 and using the TV remote I can turn on and off the sat reciever and the TV with one press of the power button - however this is completely redundant as everything else I do is with the et9000 remote. So the only time the TV remote is used is when turning on and off the equipment. Tried it the other way around and the et9000 remote will turn off both items, but wont turn on the TV and wont adjust the TV volume. This for many is a basic requirment of hdmi cec

Just a thought and great work
    thanks
    Last edited by Rimmel; 02-01-12 at 22:29.

Title
    Thanks
    should i be running vix 2.3.133 or 2.3.153 ??

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameltoe View Post
    Tried it the other way around and the et9000 remote will turn off both items, but wont turn on the TV and wont adjust the TV volume. This for many is a basic requirment of hdmi cec
    My ET9000 will turn my Samsung TV off and on but sadly wont adjust the volume. (And I am using Vix 2.3.161)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordyboy View Post
    should i be running vix 2.3.133 or 2.3.153 ??

thanks

If you have a flashing icon than do an online update and it will bring it to the latest version.

personally I always do an update but other members prefer not to.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Is it common that volume control on the remote control does not work with AC3 or dolby? I have experienced this with earlier releases too. It works good with standard stereo broadcasts.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt. LoMax View Post
    Is it common that volume control on the remote control does not work with AC3 or dolby?
    Yes it is: there's indeed no way the digital bitstream can be ruined by the box.

Just use a good R/C: see my signature to get an idea of what I mean with that.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    upgraded now with the software to 161 and running very sweet

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Kernel: 3.1.1
    Drivers: 2012-01-18
    Image: Release
    Version 2.3
    Build: 204
    Last Update: 2012-01-27 19.51

I can no longer use the DVD-player plugin. I seems like it is installing just fine, and I can also remove it. The problem is that it doesn't appear in any menu, so I can't use it... Any help or ideas..?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    No need to install the plugin: DvD-playback functionality is implemented in the image.
    Just use the normal filelist/PVR and navigate to the DVD (-ISO file) and click 'OK'.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Hamram (28-01-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    No need to install the plugin: DvD-playback functionality is implemented in the image.
    Just use the normal filelist/PVR and navigate to the DVD (-ISO file) and click 'OK'.
    The reason why I need the good old DVD-player, is that I don't have/use ISO files. I have folders with the original DVD-files in.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Aha! It works in the same way as for ISO-files. I just navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder, and when I click OK, the DVD-menu appears! Anyhow, the DVD-player was a better option, as even my wife and kids could adapt to that. Navigating through different folders via the PVR-button, will not be that easy... I hope a solution for the DVD-plugin will come.
    Last edited by Hamram; 28-01-12 at 15:54.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast