Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: iPhone 4S sees iPhone 4 and 3GS UK price drop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    Is that not down to the coders of the apps for the 100s of quality apps on the idevices there are 1000`s of awful ones,give it time android will out perform everything apple has to offer including hardware software and functionality.
    And when that day comes I may have another look, until then I'll stick with the iPhone etc.
    So many people make Apps for the iPhone first as it is such a structured device. (evolution wise etc)
    And most Apps work, unlike my previous phone.
    I'm not an Apple fanboy in any respect. I avoided the iPhone until the 3GS, as I thought it just didn't work properly.
    I still use a PC and have no intention of changing to a Mac.
    I have a iPad, but would have no qualms swapping to a Android/Windows tablet if/when the Android Market really gets going.
    It's not that i'm not technically aware, it's just that I'm sick of things being rushed to market and consumers being used as beta testers.

As for the Apple App store...
    Doesn't Apple get some credit for creating the App store in the first place?
    For all of it's restrictive failings, it at least brings everything together in one place.
    At that time, there was nothing like it out there.
    Being able to look in one place and pay securely was brilliant.
    Others are playing catch up, and I agree may eventually overtake.

I too used to be a tinkerer/tweaker. Being able to adjust every last perimeter was vital.
    Weekends were spent tinkering with the PC, then adjusting my CRT projector, programming my Pronto remote, then trying to get my HTPC to just bloody work.
    Then I realised that most of these things weren't really important, and way too time consuming. (never mind totally frustrating at times!)
    So out went the( superior) CRT Projector for a simpler DLP.
    The Pronto went for a Harmony remote.
    The HTPC was junked, and a PS3 took it's place.
    Result? More films watched in the first month than a year with the CRT. (and actually watching a full film without adjusting something!)
    The Harmony just simply works.
    The PS3 just simply works.

These days I prefere to spend my spare time on more important things, and i don't worry if i cannot change my text alert sound for the Crazy Frog ringtone.
    Last edited by fulabeer; 07-10-11 at 23:36.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2