Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to setup picons onto usb stick ViX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

How to setup picons onto usb stick ViX

In this tutorial I am going to show you how to put picons onto usb stick. This is 1 of a few ways of doing this and for me this is easier than unplugging usb plugging back in etc lol

For this you need a usb stick formatted as fat32 or ext3 and the usb to be mounted correctly in device manager as media/usb
    You can check if this is the case by going to Menu/Setup/ViX/Devices Manager and should look like this below;

screenshot1.jpg

If your usb isnt mounted correctly then press "Green" to setup mounts then highligh usb and use you left and right arrows on your remote to get to media/usb and then press "Green" to save the settings

screenshot2.jpg

Download your desired picon set from the link below and extract the file

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Picons
    Once usb setup correctly you will need to connect via FTP into the box
    For those that don't know how to setup FTP to the box then follow the first few steps of this guide to get your ftp setup

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX&p=64577#post64577
    Once connected to your box you should see the screen below (or similar)

fxpftp.jpg

Go to media/usb/ and create a folder in there called picon. so it should look like the screen below

screenshot3.jpg

Then transfer all the images from the picon set that you downloaded into the picon folder and once complete it should look like so

picon.jpg

Reboot the box if needed and the picons will be displayed in the info bar

screenshot6.jpg

If you also want the picons to be displayed in the epg then press the epg button on your remote and then menu

If using PIG (Picture in Graphics) then you will need your settings to match below;

screenshot4.jpgscreenshot4b.jpg

If not using PIG (Picture in Graphics) then you will need your settings to match below;

screenshot5.jpgscreenshot5b.jpg

And thats it you now have picons setup on your ViX Image
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aass5591 (14-11-13),avatar7 (04-06-11),bassethound (28-05-11),chimpy07 (23-09-13),Dibs (07-02-14),DJS (03-11-11),FuManchu (29-05-11),G4TKR (08-06-11),godsell51 (18-11-12),ifearnobeer (13-03-14),joesoap101 (07-03-14),lammy1961 (29-05-11),Larry-G (28-05-11),mekon (19-04-13),nirmies (09-07-15),Paddy.. (12-03-13),redout (22-07-11),satukrob (18-05-16),Sicilian (31-05-11),touriga (22-12-13),valhalla (19-01-15),Yido (10-05-12)