Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats my nameserver??

Title
    Thanks

whats my nameserver??

Hi guys,

as per title, can anyone help me find out what my nameserver is please??

ive done a network test and my nameserver has come back unconfirmed! Im not using DHCP and im running the latest vix software 2.0.1 i think its called

any help much appreciated

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Latest is 2.1.4.

For nameserver, using your pc (assuming windows), open command prompt, and type ipconfig. Should give u ur details!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Latest is 2.1.4.

For nameserver, using your pc (assuming windows), open command prompt, and type ipconfig. Should give u ur details!

Sent from my HTC Desire Z
    thanx for the reply mate but I tried that, doesnt seem to give me any addresses other than my subnest mask, default gateway and ipv4 address

any other ideas?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    who is ur ISP
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    who is ur ISP
    vermin media

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beezo View Post
    thanx for the reply mate but I tried that, doesnt seem to give me any addresses other than my subnest mask, default gateway and ipv4 address

any other ideas?
    SOrry, was busy and using phone when i typed message...

I meant to say, if you type:

Code:
    ipconfig /all
    It should give you more concise details, including all nameservers...
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    These are what you need

Primary DNS: 194.168.4.100
    Secondary DNS: 194.168.8.100
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    These are what you need

Primary DNS: 194.168.4.100
    Secondary DNS: 194.168.8.100
    Thanx mate but these are the original address's i had that worked but for some reason they keep coming up unconfirmed now!! When I do a network test, it does seem to do the test very quickly whereas I remember the last time I used it, it was alot slower, could this be the problem or have they just speeded things up in the new image ive put on??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    im using them and they are working fine. try rebooting the box and trying again but its all working here. the test is quicker for me too but not sure whether thats the image or suma else lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beezo View Post
    Thanx mate but these are the original address's i had that worked but for some reason they keep coming up unconfirmed now!! When I do a network test, it does seem to do the test very quickly whereas I remember the last time I used it, it was alot slower, could this be the problem or have they just speeded things up in the new image ive put on??
    Which image were you on? Which image are you on now?

There was a problem with vix (cannot remember exact version), where the network test had a few issues... Network works just fine, but the test does not... Have you updated the image using system update?
    Rules can be found HERE
    -----

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ beezo
    as pooface says mate there are issues with the VIX 2.0 on test it will show as not connecting when in fact it is.
    and the nameserver is your router ip.......................so if your duo's ip is say 192.168.1.3 your nameserver is your router ip will probaly be 192.168.1.1 (or whatever corresponds)

hope this helps.

regards: canthackit

Title
    Thanks
    all working now guys,

i input pooface setting and restarted box and all is now ok. It must have need a full reboot as I did restart the network but that made no differance

thankyou very much.

Title
    Thanks
    Glad I found this thread. I'm trying to network configure my Vu+ Solo2 and I cannot get the network online. I'm connected via LAN, and it shows local host as on when Irun the test. As per the other chap, I get unconfirmed in the ip section and Nameserver, but that shouldn't matter if I'm using DHCP. I've been at this for three days. My channels require internet streaming as well as cabling, so I'm missing lots of premium stuff. Any help?

SteveP

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Post a screengrab of the network adapter settings.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks

DGCP Co fig

I think I've attached a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast