Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: VIX Team Vu Duo Image v1.2 - 01/11/2010

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well done Sic we don't need people who whant spoon feeding then slag off the image just because they cant read.

One other small bug I get in 1.2 is after using software manager when it has updated on the screen (or box) that reports what has been updated or replaced I cannot read the text as it seems to be cut off top and bottom ! so I can only see about 2mm of the top line and bottom line of text ? mine is using HDMI and this happens in Skin : Blue shadow (i know its not an official skin) worth reporting anyway.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul362 View Post
    well done Sic we don't need people who whant spoon feeding then slag off the image just because they cant read.

One other small bug I get in 1.2 is after using software manager when it has updated on the screen (or box) that reports what has been updated or replaced I cannot read the text as it seems to be cut off top and bottom ! so I can only see about 2mm of the top line and bottom line of text ? mine is using HDMI and this happens in Skin : Blue shadow (i know its not an official skin) worth reporting anyway.
    Can you post a screenshot for Andy please.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ill have a go
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    screenshot.jpg

here you go Sic.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to paul362 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey Guys,

After staying up till 1am I think I finally managed to get everything sorted. A second update of 72 packages seemed to make the image a lot more stable. My swap wasnt been created as my USB stick wasnt mounted in the correct location (found this in another post). That is now working with a 32mb swapfile (is that enough?) so hopefully I wont get anymore memory crashes. Now my autotimers are set up and recording to NAS seems to work I think im pretty much done (although my PICONS only seem to work if they are loaded onto the internal flash but thats fine). After being on PLi for so long I didnt think that anything could beat it but this seems to be there or thereabouts.

Thanks to everyone involved in creating the image. You guys are awesome!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supathug For This Useful Post:

andyblac (03-11-10),Channel Master (23-11-10),pooface (04-11-10),Sicilian (03-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    another memory error, try creating a swapfile, also crash use the patches, those just need removing, dont use them, i just forgot to remove them sorry
    hi andy i understand bout the memory error and have created a 32 mb swapfile on my usb stick but dont understand what you meant at the end about crash using patches - remove them??? which patches and where are they located?

cheers
    chris

Title
    Thanks
    Is anyone having problems restarting enigma2 from the menu it hangs with VU+ Duo in display and blank TV screen. Does not create a crash report thou .

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Hi Andy and Sic..

I just wanna say.. Fantastic work.. I used the online update.. and everything went perfect.. No green screens.. no errors.. just a simply and straight forward upgrade..

Thanks so much for making this so easy.. A lot of other image makers could learn alot from the VIX team..

Thanks

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

andyblac (03-11-10),bassethound (03-11-10),Sicilian (03-11-10),silverfox0786 (05-11-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

Red face

The best thing about the VIX team image is the support you get from the team and any problems you have are quickly sorted

You dont get that from any other DEV team

Thanks to all the team!!!!!!!!!!!
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

andyblac (03-11-10),paul362 (03-11-10),pooface (04-11-10),Sicilian (03-11-10),silverfox0786 (05-11-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palinkat For This Useful Post:

andyblac (03-11-10),Sicilian (03-11-10)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishchris View Post
    hi andy i understand bout the memory error and have created a 32 mb swapfile on my usb stick but dont understand what you meant at the end about crash using patches - remove them??? which patches and where are they located?

cheers
    chris
    from the log, you tried to apply the MultiButton patch, but it failed, i dont think they needed any more i will have to check
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

bassethound (03-11-10),irishchris (03-11-10),Sicilian (03-11-10)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900 View Post
    attach the crash log file in txt file

found the bug, will upload fix soon
    D I S C L A I M E R

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

19. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    hi hate complaining on this image as never had to on previous versions of what is an excellent image. but i notice now that ccam is restarting at random times by itself. just noticed restarted there again for no reason other than i switched to a recorded program?
    is there any way of sending a log for this to you? system did not restart so no standard crashlog?
    also noticed on recordings they are freezing at random intervals and only way to restrt it is to fast forward for a second.

Title
    Thanks
    Had the same issue with my recordings (even old recordings) but i also see the effort being put in resolving all bug, Can't wait for v 1.2 to become as stable as v 1.1

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Excellent work lads!

Thanks

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast