Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VFD Picons for the Vu+ Ultimo by Sandman [Disccussion]

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update - 080112

* Many regional variations added
    * dozens of SD channel picons
    * pack now contains 180 picons!

Astra 28E Ultimo VFD Picons 080112.zip

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

bassethound (09-01-12),Clabs (10-01-12),Ev0 (08-01-12),punisher (08-01-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Has anyone had any success in getting these (or any lcd picons) to work on the latest VIX image so far?

EDIT: Following my software update I can now see the VIX logo on the lcd display so it feels like I'm getting closer...
    Last edited by ea.xlns; 09-01-12 at 20:45.

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ea.xlns View Post
    Has anyone had any success in getting these (or any lcd picons) to work on the latest VIX image so far?

EDIT: Following my software update I can now see the VIX logo on the lcd display so it feels like I'm getting closer...
    As long as you've updated them to your piconlcd directory they should display fine! (you may or may not need to create a symbolic link to the directory from telnet...)

remember they're 110x40 as well...you'll need to edit your skin_user.xml file to suit!

If you need help with any of that...let me know if you're using usb or hdd for the picons!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    To get these picons to work wit vix they need to be 76x45 so you will need to resize them
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    To get these picons to work wit vix they need to be 76x45 so you will need to resize them
    punisher,

I don't use VIX but could you explain that? Can people not edit their skin_user.xml file and use picons of any size? Does VIX hardcode the picon size?

I can use any size picon (up to 256x64) with BH...

Last edited by Sandman; 10-01-12 at 09:53.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    I think its just the way its programmed into the image. the picons needs to be that size. As far as im aware there are no vix lcd picons preinstalled in the image. Im not sure if resizing them via the skin file will work, dont have an ultimo to try but if someone else wants to then go for it
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think its just the way its programmed into the image. the picons needs to be that size. As far as im aware there are no vix lcd picons preinstalled in the image. Im not sure if resizing them via the skin file will work, dont have an ultimo to try but if someone else wants to then go for it
    Hopefully thats not the case...it would seem a bit daft! (and most channel icons suit wide)

If someone could check and confirm that would be handy...

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I posted up a video just after xmas of ViX image running with 132x46 picons as used in the VTi image.

So editing the ViX picon skin does work fine.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-01-12),Clabs (10-01-12),Larry-G (10-01-12),Mr. Mister (29-03-12),Sandman (10-01-12),Stanman (10-01-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    I posted up a video just after xmas of ViX image running with 132x46 picons as used in the VTi image.

So editing the ViX picon skin does work fine.
    Any chance you can provide instructions with the necessary files?

Thanks Ev0

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ea.xlns View Post
    Any chance you can provide instructions with the necessary files?

Thanks Ev0
    Already have posted what you need on post 17 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post106353

However it seems it does not work with Sandmans Picon's for some reason even if I change it from 132x46 to 110x45

But does work fine with the Zombi picons (132x46) as used in the VTi image.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    You can also use Blackhole 1.70 and it will work with Sandman picons without messing about.

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Already have posted what you need on post 17 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post106353

However it seems it does not work with Sandmans Picon's for some reason even if I change it from 132x46 to 110x45

But does work fine with the Zombi picons (132x46) as used in the VTi image.
    Strange...the only thing I can see is a layout difference,

your template for 'infobarsummary'

Code:
    	<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="255,64">
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="0,0" size="170,18" font="FdLcD;20" halign="left" noWrap="1">
    			<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
    			</widget>
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="123,17" size="132,46" >
          		<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
        	</widget>
    		<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="0,21" size="119,14" font="FdLcD;14" halign="left" noWrap="1">
    			<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Progress" position="0,36" size="70,6" borderWidth="1" >
    			<convert type="EventTime">Progress</convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="0,44" size="40,16" font="FdLcD;16" halign="left" valign="bottom" noWrap="1">
    			<convert type="EventTime">Remaining</convert>
    			<convert type="RemainingToText">NoSeconds</convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="63,48" size="60,22" font="FdLcD;24" halign="right" valign="bottom" noWrap="1">
    			<convert type="ClockToText"></convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.OnlineCheckState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/update.png" position="178,0" size="12,10" >
    			<convert type="ConditionalShowHide"></convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/rec.png" position="191,0" size="26,10" >
    			<convert type="ConditionalShowHide"></convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/hd.png" position="218,0" size="18,10" >
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">VideoWidth</convert>
    			<convert type="ValueRange">721,1980</convert>
    			<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/dolby.png" position="237,0" size="18,10" >
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsMultichannel</convert>
    		</widget>
    	</screen>

and heres mine -

Code:
    	<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="256,64" id="1">
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="0,13" size="110,22" font="ALTB;18" halign="left" noWrap="1" >
    			<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Picon" position="0,0" size="110,40" path="piconlcd"> 
    			<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert> 
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Progress" position="0,41" size="120,5" borderWidth="1">
    			<convert type="EventTime">Progress</convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="0,46" size="255,18" font="ALT;15" halign="left" noWrap="1">
    			<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
    		</widget>
                    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_txt.png" position="135,0" size="14,12">
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">HasTelext</convert>
    		</widget>	
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_format.png" position="152,0" size="21,12">
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>
    		</widget>
    		<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_dolby.png" position="176,0" size="16,12">
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsMultichannel</convert>
    		</widget>
                    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_crypt.png" position="195,0" size="10,12">
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsCrypted</convert>
    		</widget>
    			<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_hd.png" position="208,0" size="17,12">
    			<convert type="ServiceInfo">VideoWidth</convert>
    			<convert type="ValueRange">721,1980</convert>
    		</widget>
                    <widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_rec.png" position="228,0" size="28,12">
    		</widget>
    	 </screen>
    My picon_default.png file is also a 110x1 px file....this means if there is no picon, the text for the channel will appear and if there is a picon, just the picon appears!

If you want help editing your file.....let me know!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

Clabs (10-01-12),Larry-G (10-01-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Right sussed it, however it doesn't work with your picon's correctly, it seems to invert them for some reason.

Blackhole works fine with them though as they are.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-01-12),Clabs (10-01-12),Larry-G (10-01-12)

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update - 110112

* All regional variations complete (including Sky Eire & Ulster)
    * Some picons reworked and dozens of new SD channel picons added!
    * Pack now contains 250 picons!

The download also contains my user_skin.xml file & custom fonts which make full use of the VFD display - This has been optimised for BlackHole so will require amendments to ensure compatibility with VIX et al.

Heres a short video showing them in action!

Astra 28E Ultimo VFD Picons 110112.zip
    Last edited by Sandman; 11-01-12 at 15:27.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

bassethound (11-01-12),Clabs (11-01-12),Ev0 (11-01-12),Ex-TM6900 (11-01-12),jfk (25-06-12),Larry-G (13-01-12),Mr. Mister (29-03-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Excellent work Sandman. Any chance you can install the ViX image and try and make these picons compatible then provide instructions?

Big ask, I know, but it'll compliment all that you've done so far haha.

Thanks pal
    Last edited by ea.xlns; 12-01-12 at 11:55.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast