Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicsarai View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, I am not very technical on this type of programme. can you please suggest if possible to put it in APK file for me to download.
    Harry.
    You can try grogs VPN Config importer

First install VPN manager

Code:
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/raw/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk
    Then install VPN Config importer

Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq8cd4k3sei89fd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnconfimporter.ipk?dl=1
    The plugin required openvpn and vpnmanager to be installed on your box, as both are available on the openATV feeds they should instal when you install VPNConfImporter, I'm not sure if vpnmanager is on the vix feeds so you may need to install the vpnmanager first manually before installing this plugin.

1604851353203.jpg

You can create a file called vpn.txt with your vpn username on the first line and vpn password on the second line and copy it to the /tmp folder on your box and set Import Credentials to yes in the plugin and it will use those, alternatively highlight username and press OK and use the virtual keyboard to enter your username, then repeat for the password. NOTE: Surfshark users do not use their account username and password, log into your account and look in manual setup, you need to use the username and password in the Credentials tab.

Now use the left/right arrows to select your VPN provider, now press the blue button to save.

That's it, your vpn provider config files should then be imported and set up for use with the VPN Manager. Now open the VPN Manager and select a server from the list. By default, Autostart is disabled, you can change this in VPN Manager by pressing the menu button and change the autostart setting.

I will add other providers when I get the chance.

Craveat: I only have a vpn account with Surfshark

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

joniale (29-12-22),Willo3092 (20-11-20)