Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s

Title
    Thanks
    Reflashed box, installed VPN manager using code generator. Changed name of file and removed gaps. Now working a treat, so thank you very much

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vicflange For This Useful Post:

dsayers (02-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, I am not very technical on this type of programme. can you please suggest if possible to put it in APK file for me to download.
    Harry.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicsarai View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, I am not very technical on this type of programme. can you please suggest if possible to put it in APK file for me to download.
    Harry.
    You can try grogs VPN Config importer

First install VPN manager

Code:
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/raw/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk
    Then install VPN Config importer

Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq8cd4k3sei89fd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnconfimporter.ipk?dl=1
    The plugin required openvpn and vpnmanager to be installed on your box, as both are available on the openATV feeds they should instal when you install VPNConfImporter, I'm not sure if vpnmanager is on the vix feeds so you may need to install the vpnmanager first manually before installing this plugin.

1604851353203.jpg

You can create a file called vpn.txt with your vpn username on the first line and vpn password on the second line and copy it to the /tmp folder on your box and set Import Credentials to yes in the plugin and it will use those, alternatively highlight username and press OK and use the virtual keyboard to enter your username, then repeat for the password. NOTE: Surfshark users do not use their account username and password, log into your account and look in manual setup, you need to use the username and password in the Credentials tab.

Now use the left/right arrows to select your VPN provider, now press the blue button to save.

That's it, your vpn provider config files should then be imported and set up for use with the VPN Manager. Now open the VPN Manager and select a server from the list. By default, Autostart is disabled, you can change this in VPN Manager by pressing the menu button and change the autostart setting.

I will add other providers when I get the chance.

Craveat: I only have a vpn account with Surfshark

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

joniale (29-12-22),Willo3092 (20-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    After a long long read of this very informative post I am going to try this on a Dreambox DM8000HD using NordVPN and I have downloaded vpnmanager 1.1.4 from the above post but it will not install, my Dreambox is running the OpenPli 7.3 Japhar sim image. Vpnmanager 1.1.3 installs o.k
    Anyone else has a problem installing?

Title
    Thanks

Question A Couple of questions from an idiot :)

Hi dsayers,
    I'm pretty new to this but fumbled my way through setting up nordvpn by following other threads and downloading a single .conf file and editing it... I then found your posts and script/script generator and then also found out about vpnchanger/vpnmanager...
    Some comments/questions:
    I ran the generator and then the wget command... the process seemed to work flawlessly but at the end, the script seems to loop and start from the beginning... I just ctrl-C'd it in the end.
    The VPNManager looks like a better approach than having a single config file - I presume you have multiple files for resilience/redundancy or is it ok to have the single file I had to start with?

Also, when using the VPNManager, I am based in the UK, is there an easy way to get to the UK configs without scrolling through literally thousands of other servers so I can select one close to me?

Many thanks! Great set of scripts by the way - especially for the occasional hacker like myself who has sturggled to get an enigma box up and running from scratch due to the "secrecy" of some of this...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rowladar View Post
    Hi dsayers,
    I'm pretty new to this but fumbled my way through setting up nordvpn by following other threads and downloading a single .conf file and editing it... I then found your posts and script/script generator and then also found out about vpnchanger/vpnmanager...
    Some comments/questions:
    I ran the generator and then the wget command... the process seemed to work flawlessly but at the end, the script seems to loop and start from the beginning... I just ctrl-C'd it in the end.
    The VPNManager looks like a better approach than having a single config file - I presume you have multiple files for resilience/redundancy or is it ok to have the single file I had to start with?

Also, when using the VPNManager, I am based in the UK, is there an easy way to get to the UK configs without scrolling through literally thousands of other servers so I can select one close to me?

Many thanks! Great set of scripts by the way - especially for the occasional hacker like myself who has sturggled to get an enigma box up and running from scratch due to the "secrecy" of some of this...
    All configs should be in hdd/NordVPN2 just remove unwanted configs but I think VPN manager opens up where you selected the last vpn.

You shouldn't need the single file as VPN manager copies your chosen configs to etc/openvpn.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meohmy View Post
    After a long long read of this very informative post I am going to try this on a Dreambox DM8000HD using NordVPN and I have downloaded vpnmanager 1.1.4 from the above post but it will not install, my Dreambox is running the OpenPli 7.3 Japhar sim image. Vpnmanager 1.1.3 installs o.k
    Anyone else has a problem installing?
    Just use 1.1.3 I think dreambox needs the deb file. Have a look on linuxsat they have a version of VPN manager that can be used with wireguard. I don't have a dreambox so I don't know how it works https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thr...159#post579159

Latest deb version https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thr...216#post580216

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    All configs should be in hdd/NordVPN2 just remove unwanted configs but I think VPN manager opens up where you selected the last vpn.

You shouldn't need the single file as VPN manager copies your chosen configs to etc/openvpn.
    I guess I phrased the question badly... I understand about the single folder I'm just not sure of the purpose of thousands of files... So, as I am in the UK should I delete everthing but the UK files? i.e. is there any benefit of keeping the others?

thanks again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rowladar View Post
    I guess I phrased the question badly... I understand about the single folder I'm just not sure of the purpose of thousands of files... So, as I am in the UK should I delete everthing but the UK files? i.e. is there any benefit of keeping the others?

thanks again.
    Upto you different countries are for geo restricted content aswel delete unwanted countries but try a speed test on others aswel

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Tony.Daly (21-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Upto you different countries are for geo restricted content aswel delete unwanted countries but try a speed test on others aswel
    Thanks. I've moved everything else into a sub-directory so I can move them back if I ever need to "in a particular country"...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, I installed openvpn 1.1.3 and went through the procedure multiple times without success, vpn manager shows it is trying to login but always fails. I have come to the conclusion that either the Japhar sim image or the DM8000HD may not be compatible although I will keep trying and post my results should I succeed.

Title
    Thanks
    I finally have it working on my DM8000HD, I decided to start from scratch so factory reset my receiver and used the script to install vpnmanager and the NordVPN file folder before installing any other plugins.
    I then started vpnmanager to see that my password etc was recognised, then put in some configuration files and everything now working 100%. I would like to thank dsayers for his script and everyone who has contributed to this very informative post.
    I also now have everything backed up for next time.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi David great work, is there a way of adding cyber ghost to the script please

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Denz04 View Post
    Hi David great work, is there a way of adding cyber ghost to the script please
    Only if they have a url with all configs in a zip file.

If not you can install VPN manager
    Code:
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/raw/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk
    Send configs to one folder say HDD/vpn

In VPN manager press menu and set all configs in one folder yes

Add username and password.

For long usernames and passwords you can add a pass.file containing your username and password to the same location

Title
    Thanks
    Hi David,

Any way to remove VPN changer once installed?

I've removed the plugin in the usual way through Vix, but the icon then changes and is still in my list. Is there something else I need to delete through FTP?

THanks

Tom

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast