Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AGC constant at 79% on all channells

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Ok. I found the problem, I decided to eliminate anything dish and feed related from the equation, the first thing I took out of line was the Spaun amplifier I had installed at the antenna site ( i have a long cable run ) ... i just put a double female in , in its place and all problems were resolved. Trusts my " trusty " vu+ ( original ) was not letting me down at all. Im sorry I didnt do this trouble shooting before posting but the AGC ( and random " tune failed " message threw me a curve ball , its now varying as it was before so every symptom related it seems to the blown amp.. Thank you all for your willingness to help and offer advice , its a great community and hopefully some day I can give back to it as you have tried to help me.

Incidentally in relation to 2F i can say that its the strongest I have seen it in Madrid ( even before the amp blew ) so either that amp was only holding things back or Madrid has benefited from the change. ( SNR 55% on a 1.2m motorized )
    Last edited by davidcmadrid; 10-01-13 at 19:09.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcmadrid View Post

Incidentally in relation to 2F i can say that its the strongest I have seen it in Madrid ( even before the amp blew ) so either that amp was only holding things back or Madrid has benefited from the change. ( SNR 55% on a 1.2m motorized )
    Yep, with the 2F UK spot beam you can see where the BBC engineers go on holiday there is a definite Southern lobe to the beam