Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [DVB T] Sudbury region issues

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

[DVB T] Sudbury region issues

I downloaded & installed OpenVix 4.2.21 on my XTrend 10K with 3 T2 tuners yesterday and after scanning with ABM have the following anomalies:

* There are two bouquets for HD channels with slightly different names but same contents (in a slightly different order IIRC).
    * A local programme on LCN 8 appears in the EPG with apparently correct data, but is not actually available
    * Film4 +1 appears at LCN 45 without a name, but apparently works correctly.
    * EPG for an unnamed channel appears at LCN 60, but attempts to view this channel give a tuning failure message.
    * EPG for an unnamed channel appears at LCN 74, but attempts to view this channel give a tuning failure message.
    * Community appears as LCN 793 with no EPG information, and attempts to view this channel give a tuning failure message.

My transmitter is Sudbury, and the two lamedb files are attached.

[ATTACH]51645[/ATTACH

EMJB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Xtrend Xt10000 with 3 Freeview tuners

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    I have my own script to produce bouquets, but I did fire up a new ET8000 recently and got this to use ABM.

The scan (across all channels rather than just my transmitter-specific ones, I think) found a signal on 626MHz (C40) which had 4 odd channels (Kix, True Crime, Cambridge TV and True Christmas).
    Perhaps you had something similar....signal found so ABM filled in what what it could.

As for Community on 793 (and, indeed, anything on 7xx) this is where the old version channels go when they move muxes. They often contain a "re-tune" banner, and eventually they disappear. I suspect this has recently disappeared.
    I just leave them out of my bouquets.

EDIT:
    True Christmas is 74 and True Crime is 60.
    Or they were at some time - I can't see them being broadcast at the moment.
    Likewise, there is no transmitter on ch40 that I should pick up.

Perhaps someone is doing some testing...or reverted to an old backup.
    Last edited by birdman; 09-12-16 at 14:11.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

EMJB (09-12-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is a total guess but the next DVB-T retune is starting next Year in some areas, with the 700 MHz band being cleared. Maybe the C40 signal is a test somewhere in advance of that

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (09-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EMJB View Post
    * There are two bouquets for HD channels with slightly different names but same contents (in a slightly different order IIRC).
    One bouquet is the official Freeview HD bouquet. The other is the ABM HD bouquet. There is also the ABM FTA HD bouquet.

Can you please stop referring to bouquets as EPG. Doing so causes confusion for others.

EPG is not bouquets. To prove my point, disable all EPG readers, delete EPG data. Do you have EPG in your bouquets? Does disabling EPG affect bouquets? They are different items. The fact that we enable several EPG readers by default makes it difficult for people to accept the two are different.

Title
    Thanks
    Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sudbury

The symbol shows the location of the Sudbury (Suffolk, England) transmitter which serves 440,000 homes. The bright green areas shown where the signal from this transmitter is strong, dark green areas are poorer signals. Those parts shown in yellow may have interference on the same frequency from other masts.

Did you manually scan these frequencies or perform a UK/Europe scan?
    Code:
    t:eeee0000:1047:233a,t:658000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:2001:233a,t:634000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:3006:233a,t:770000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:4083:233a,t:682000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:1:0
    t:eeee0000:5040:233a,t:786000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:6040:233a,t:754000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    If not manually, can you please stop enigma2 with "init 4", delete lamedb and lamedb5, rescan the frequencies individually and upload them again.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    EPG is not bouquets.
    As I read his usage the bouquets were the channel lists, while the EPG was the programme data associated with the channels. And that's how I've understood it.
    Is that wrong?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    One bouquet is the official Freeview HD bouquet. The other is the ABM HD bouquet. There is also the ABM FTA HD bouquet.
    But if they are all the same, it just confuses newbies like me, and makes extra work deleting them.

Can you please stop referring to bouquets as EPG. Doing so causes confusion for others..
    Sorry - I did not intend to refer to bouquets as EPG - I raised the problem of multiple bouquets and separate problems of data in the EPG in this thread thinking that scanning and ABM are related.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sudbury

The symbol shows the location of the Sudbury (Suffolk, England) transmitter which serves 440,000 homes. The bright green areas shown where the signal from this transmitter is strong, dark green areas are poorer signals. Those parts shown in yellow may have interference on the same frequency from other masts.
    If this is the problem, it is one that my TVs and older PVR deal with. It does seem an unlikely source of the problems as so few channels are affected.

Did you manually scan these frequencies or perform a UK/Europe scan?
    Yes
    Code:
    t:eeee0000:1047:233a,t:658000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:2001:233a,t:634000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:3006:233a,t:770000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:4083:233a,t:682000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:1:0
    t:eeee0000:5040:233a,t:786000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    t:eeee0000:6040:233a,t:754000000:0:5:5:3:3:4:4:2:0:0:0
    If not manually, can you please stop enigma2 with "init 4", delete lamedb and lamedb5, rescan the frequencies individually and upload them again.

Thanks.
    Will do later in theweekend.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ... If not manually, can you please stop enigma2 with "init 4", delete lamedb and lamedb5, rescan the frequencies individually and upload them again.

Thanks.
    Done manual search as you suggest, and all the oddities in the EPG display information I saw before remain (but see comment on 793 below). I accept however that the EPG may be showing up underlying problems that exist elsewhere, but my knowledge of OpenVix & Enigma2 is insufficient to identify them. Please note I did not delete any bouquets as that was not in your instructions, and left all other settings at the defaults (including not "clear before scan"). The updated files are attached:

Sudbury lamedbs2.ZIP

With regard to channel 703, I had forgotten that Enigma does not support the digital text that is used to display the message that you need to retune as birdman suggested for the 700 series channels, so the absence of EPG info and a blank picture is correct. However my TVs and previous PVR correctly identify the names of these channels , so 703 & 45 are apparently suffering the same problem - correct operation in all respects except they both have no channel name. There is one aspect that I think may be unique to these two channels - 45 (Film4 +1) is definitely an SD channel on a T2 mux, and I suspect 793 is on the same T2 mux but with no video so Enigma may be reverting to SD by default.

EMJB

Title
    Thanks
    I have two files for you to test one at a time. Please use V1 first please

1. Make a settings backup so you can restore it later if needed, this saves you from having to remake your bouquets.
    2. Replace the provider file. Extract and transfer to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

3 Delete your lamedb file, bouquets files and ABM provider cache file using

Code:
    init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/providers.cache && init 3
    4. Run ABM again and check for issues.

If there are problems, repeat 2-4 using V2 provider file. I'll await confirmation as to which file to commit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    V1 file doesn't seem to have changed anything. Will try V2 later.

EMJB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    V2 is a step forward, in that LCN 45 now works correctly.

Attempting to tune to the unavailable local channel on LCN 7 seems to be inconsistent - I have had "tune failed", blank screen, and BBC1, but seems to have settled down to always give blank screen.

LCN 60 & & 74 (True Crime & Christmas) now display the names, but seem to consistently give "tune failed" messages when trying to watch.

Is it not possible to suppress these channels?

LCN 793 gives "Service not found (SID not in PAT)" message when attempting to tune to it.

The 790 series LCNs are always going to cause problems if the channel handling works in anything like the way I think it does. These come & go with numbers being re-used for different channels, and often (or perhaps always) with no video and just a text message that Enigma2 does not seem to handle. I suspect the only satisfactory solution is to introduce a rule to ignore them completely.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    While doing above checks, I noticed that at the end of the ABM scan the "please wait" in the top right hand corner of the screen remains after the end of the scan until you tune into a channel - a minor irritation which may have been there before.

EMJB

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I'm on Freeview/Belmont and 7, 60 and 74 are working fine. And no LCN's above 734.

EDIT: Just done a rescan to double check, and the above still applies.
    Last edited by ccs; 11-12-16 at 12:08.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I'm on Freeview/Belmont and 7, 60 and 74 are working fine. And no LCN's above 734.

EDIT: Just done a rescan to double check, and the above still applies.
    According to https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Belmont you have 9 muxes, whereas Sudbury (my station) has only six which explains why you see LCNs 7,60 & 74 and I don't. Normal Freeview policy is for all EPG data to be transmitted on all muxes, so my guess is that I get the EPG stream assembled for Tacolneston (which also has 9 muxes) rather than a separate EPG stream for each Tx in the Eastern region. However if the problem was as simple as this there would be many more channels with EPG data but no signal, so ABM & the scanning process must be coping with most of the extra channels somehow - unless it is refusing to recognise the rest when they are really there. @ccs - do you see channels such as QVC Extra, 5USA + 1, FrontRunner?

Warning: In my experience https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/ cannot be trusted to be 100% accurate in terms of channels being broadcast and mux allocations, particularly when changes have occurred recently.

The logic somehow needs to cope with the satellite "Freeview Light" TV stations which only transmit 3 muxes (e.g. https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Aldeburgh) if they also are broadcasting the full EPG. Is there anyone reading this who is using one of those satellite stations?

With regards to the lack of 793 at Belmont, I am not surprised as I think the community channel has moved onto one of your 3 extra muxes.

EMJB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast