Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abm virgin uk timeout for tuner lock

Title
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Disconnect and put that loop cable away. It is useless to you.

As above, you really ought to have two cables from the LNB. If you have not, connect the one satellite cable to tuner A (I am not referring to tuner slot A). Set that as: simple, single, 28.2.
    Do not connect any cable to tuner B. Set that as loopthrough to tuner A. There is no need for a cable to connect it to anything. It will use internal loopthrough.
    You are already sorted with tuner C.
    Hi I am from Sunny Wolverhampton and bought this tuner from the shop on here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...imo-duo2-duo-2

I have the Duo 2 and added the tuner to my box today. I have a cable feed into the second tuner which is showing as tuner C and i have the sat cable plugged into tuner a. On the list of tuners i have set b to loop through A. I have the exact same settins as the op's attached images, however I have exactly the same error?? Can someone help me please?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry forgot to add the i had put the Network id for Wolverhampton in.

Title
    Thanks
    Also forgot to add that it finds cable channels when I autoscan? Which is confusing as it seems the connection is correct and that the tuner is installed correctly? However this seems to be taking forever!

Title
    Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem, turned out the frequency that ABM used for Oxford was slightly out, it's possible that it may be the same for you, wonder if anyone else using Wolverhampton id has had the same "Time out" error???

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Octagon SF8008

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawkcrow View Post
    I had exactly the same problem, turned out the frequency that ABM used for Oxford was slightly out, it's possible that it may be the same for you, wonder if anyone else using Wolverhampton id has had the same "Time out" error???

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    That could be the case....how would I know if i have the right Frequency for Wolverhampton?
    I thought i might have solved the issue of at least being able to watch via autoscan but all channels just display a black screen but they have epg information???

Title
    Thanks
    Ok...so last night i deleted my bouquets and did a scan of the channels, and some of the fta cable channels worked, but were really glitchy but radio channels were absolutley fine. I then tried to do abm and got nothing not even sly channels. So i changed my frequncy step type to provider for cable and then did and autoscan and all channels were found again, but again no cable ones worked but fta ones which were glitchy. However now ive lost all my paid sly ones. So i disabled tuner c and looped tuner b through tuner a and then, turned off anything to do with cable. I also deleted the mgcam and necamd.list and anything to do woth cable provider service. Then ran abm and get all sly channels back even paid ones. But im back at square one. Please can someone else as i feel like ive wasted my time and money.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Have you tried all the Wolverhampton NetID's, have you tried disabling Sat in ABM and scanning for Cable only, have you tried a manual cable scan on the set frequency for Wolverhampton - 595MHz, SR-6952.

When you say that your FTA channels were really glitchy, sounds like you may have a poor signal, have you tried with all splitters removed to see if that's better.

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Have you tried all the Wolverhampton NetID's, have you tried disabling Sat in ABM and scanning for Cable only, have you tried a manual cable scan on the set frequency for Wolverhampton - 595MHz, SR-6952.

When you say that your FTA channels were really glitchy, sounds like you may have a poor signal, have you tried with all splitters removed to see if that's better.
    Hi thanks for the reply...i will give all of that a try and let you know how i get on.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok....I've Disabled tuner a n b added enabled c added virgin back
    Did a manual scan using frequency 595 and wolverhampton id taken from my vm box 40793 progress bar starts moving gets to the end and then says scan failed do i need to have mgmcam and newcamd files back in the keys directory? Also ive taken the cableline directly into tuner c and not via a splitter.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Post pics of your tuner config and ABM provider settings mate. Line not needed to scan so something wrong still if cable into tuner directly

Title
    Thanks
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hi there you go these are the images you asked me to attach

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you post pic of inside tuner C. Rest look ok

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Btw for sky use central Midlands custom and enable swap.

You sure cable net ID right??? Sorry lot to read lol

Title
    Thanks
    Ok....weirdly my abm scan has worked and now i have a bouquet for both sly and virgin but only the FTA channels work on virgin?? Do i need add the mgmcam the newcamd list? If so do i need to delete the cccam from within the etc folder?

Title
    Thanks

image.jpg

Thanks mate, i'll change the sky thing now, there you go yes thats the one i took from my engineer menu on my tivo box

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast