Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Service Scan taking ages!

Title
    Thanks
    I have looked on dish-pointer and the lon and lat he quotes in an earlier post put is dish on the back of a silver car, i bet it drove away and thats why he lost the picture.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    So that's what they were gettings at when they said 'motor moves faster than previous model'

Title
    Thanks
    LOOOOL ill get the correct settings when i get home.

Thanks guys....

Title
    Thanks
    When your dish moves and you get the dish icon on the screen does it just keep flashing as if its moving and you get nothing on the screen, if that happens your dish as already moved but isn't locking onto a signal,just tried it myself on 42e and thought the dish hadn't moved till i had a look ,went onto a channel i could receive, the channel came on icon went off.
    If this is whats happening to you it looks like the dish isn't set up properly , just a thought you never know.

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=bob1;7177]When your dish moves and you get the dish icon on the screen does it just keep flashing as if its moving and you get nothing on the screen[QUOTE]

Yes this does happen...it eventually stops flashing and shows nothing. Sometimes the dish doesnt even move.

Title
    Thanks
    Are you sure it doesn't move , can you see it from where your box is, some satellites are close together ,blink and you might miss it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
    Are you sure it doesn't move , can you see it from where your box is, some satellites are close together ,blink and you might miss it.
    Receiver is at the front of house and dish at the back so it may be that its already moved by the time i get out.

Could you recommend 2 sats that are really far from each other....newbie question!!
    Last edited by sn196; 09-07-10 at 16:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Just checked and the lon and lat is correct:

Latitude: 51.7612°
    Longitude: -0.2298°

Would i round up the Longitude?

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Yep you only get the option of the 3 digits after the . on Enigma2 firmware so just round up (or down in some cases) as it won't make any real difference.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sn196 View Post
    Receiver is at the front of house and dish at the back so it may be that its already moved by the time i get out.

Could you recommend 2 sats that are really far from each other....newbie question!!
    Depends whats sats you have in try going to 30w and then to 42e that should give you plenty of time.

Title
    Thanks
    Guys I have imaged the box, set the lon and lat, plugged in only one cable from lnb and added enigma 2 files. I selected thor sat and the dish moved. But no channels show. Moved it to turksat, dish moved again but the flashing dish is still on screen but dish has actually stopped moving.
    Once the dish icon stopped flashing I selected another channel on turksat and the flashing sat has come up again....but the dish isn't moving.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    That means you are at Turksat already by the sounds of it but you won't pick up all channels from Turksat, they have different beams, so to me it sounds like it's working, try going to a channel on Astra 19E for example or Hotbird 13E, or even Astra 2 (SKY UK), then back to Thor again, choose some FTA channels to test, pay ones of course you won't get anything other than a black screen!! BBC News on Thor is a good one that's FTA to test out....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Retired member For This Useful Post:

sn196 (09-07-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I can confirm that the TM 2600 works great with the duo. I had a problem though when it was installed using a Starview HD combo receiver. The F plugs weren't screwed in very well and the one from the receiver was only held in place by the rubber weather shroud, so it looked like it was connected properly but it wasn't. This gave somewhat erratic behavior for an hour or so untill it stopped working all together as it worked looser. I didn't know this at the time and I spent hours trying to configure it. I found the Fplug had worked loose as a last resort after getting the ladders out, just a thought.

It also might be worth resetting the motors sat table as with all the messing about I did, it went all to cock. There is a pin hole to probe which I think has a rubber cap over it.

One other thing is my motor has moved around the pole a few degrees since it was installed (I've got to readjust it) so I have to enter in every now & then new longitude settings to compensate for the error. My true longitude is 2 deg west but I'm now set at 1deg East.

Maybe of some use, worth a look I guess.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to micscave For This Useful Post:

sn196 (09-07-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sn196 View Post
    Guys I have imaged the box, set the lon and lat, plugged in only one cable from lnb and added enigma 2 files. I selected thor sat and the dish moved. But no channels show. Moved it to turksat, dish moved again but the flashing dish is still on screen but dish has actually stopped moving.
    Once the dish icon stopped flashing I selected another channel on turksat and the flashing sat has come up again....but the dish isn't moving.
    Same thing happened to me ,it didn't stop flashing until i ended up on a channel i could actually receive, looks like the dish is moving ok to me ,if your not getting any channels the dish wasn't set up correctly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bob1 For This Useful Post:

sn196 (09-07-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone mind if I scream????????

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Just reimaged the box again....didn't change any settings, just chose simple settings without inserting my lon lat details, just chose default.

Selected default service lists........guess what.........IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Ftpd the enigma 2 files and I can now watch most fta channels!!!!!

Only thing is that the signal strength is aroud 60% so not pickinjg up all fta channels.

Anyone know how I cud make the signal better??? Would it be a case of moving the dish manually???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast