Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mutant HD51 New Owner- No Network Connection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewid View Post
    @John

Sadly John I can't even reflash the receiver. I've followed the following tutorial pretty much to the letter but even by pressing the on button contuously, there is no prompt for a reflash of image. The tutorial says the following:

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop,
    see another folder named hd51, this is the
    stick.
    Flashing the Receiver.
    1) Power off the receiver
    2) Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver
    3) Insert the USB stick containing the image files in
    possible.
    4) Power the receiver on.
    5) Immediately after powering on PRESS AND HOLD the front power button until
    6) If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
    7) Remove USB stick that contains the images files.

So the hd51(unzipped from latest version of openvix for mutant 51) is on the root of the FAT32 8gb usb stick but nothing happens when I turn power on and keep the 'on' button pressed. The receiver just boots up as if I'm not trying to reflash. Extremely frustrating. I love the multistream capabilities of the box for the Italian and French public channels but apart from that I'm trying to justify the cost of the receiver to myself. I'll keep attempting to sort out a solution of course but can't understand why it's refusing to reflash :-(
    So if the HD51 still boots up??

Enter Menu, setup, Vix, ImageManager
    Hit the yellow button(download) and select latest ViX image with cursor
    Hit Green (Download)
    It will show it downloading.... once you see that finish, hit red buttom to return to ImageManager main button.
    Press Blue button to flash the image you have just downloaded.
    Ignore the stupid this is a ....... message!
    The box will flash (you see messages from ofgwrite on your screen) and it will reboot.
    After reboot you are back to a fresh image.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andrewid (21-02-18),ccs (20-02-18),john doe (20-02-18)