Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Duo 2 PowerRestart

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,903 Times in 2,255 Posts
    They get away with it Larry because nobody calls their bluff. Koreans are real hard business people,that take it as far as they can, as long as they can get away with it.
    I have much more tolerance for the outfits from Taiwan and Japan.... and I have worked with Tech/IT outfits from all 3 countries.
    When you look at all the (required) work put in by the various image groups to get the Vu 4k working properly, you have to question their dominance
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    They get away with it Larry because nobody calls their bluff. Koreans are real hard business people,that take it as far as they can, as long as they can get away with it.
    I have much more tolerance for the outfits from Taiwan and Japan.... and I have worked with Tech/IT outfits from all 3 countries.
    When you look at all the (required) work put in by the various image groups to get the Vu 4k working properly, you have to question their dominance
    yeah well if it were upto me I would have called their bluff at least three times, instead of backing down at the last second as was the case. but i'm out of that world now and glad for it. There still up there as a market leader but there not the wonder company most think they are.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grantdavey91 View Post
    really confused, by installing the cache flush and swapfile it seemed to fix the problem though?
    Generally speaking there no good for a powerful receiver such as yours but if there working then who am I to say not to use them. although I would at least try them one at a time and see if you could loose one of them.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (02-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Generally speaking there no good for a powerful receiver such as yours but if there working then who am I to say not to use them. although I would at least try them one at a time and see if you could loose one of them.
    okay, thanks, so long as it doesn't cause any damage or other problems to the box i don't see why it's a panic to use them however I will remove the swap file first of all to see if that makes any changes and see how it goes
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Technomate 97cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Octo 8 way LNB
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It wont damage the receiver, but it may impact the receivers performance, causing it to become sluggish etc.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    It wont damage the receiver, but it may impact the receivers performance, causing it to become sluggish etc.
    no problem, good to know, everyday is a learning curve with these boxes; linux will be the death of me lol; it's all interesting but can become very frustrating with so many drivers/extensions/settings/images/installations etc etc incompatibility issues and all the rest of it haha!

I know it's good to be different but in today's world of technology you would think they would be a little more user friendly without having to talk to it in binary for most things!
    - Vu+ Duo 2 1 x DVB-S/S2 Twin Tuner, 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Twin Hybrid Tuner, 1TB Internal HDD; Vu+ Official Qwerty remote, w/ OpenVix 4.2 & Slyk1HD V5.1 Skin by kiddac
    - Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Smart TV Box w/ Kodi v16.1 Jarvis custom flashed for EXMP fully loaded

FULL Picon Sets for LCD Screens and GUI - SNP includes 28.2e Satellite, Virmin Cable, 13, 23 & 19 Sat & IPTV {click here}

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i took off the swap file by going into vix swap manager, disabled swap, disabled run at startup, removed swapfile and rebooted, seems ok.
    cache flush is still on there
    and i have still the settings for fan control to operate whilst in standby

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This morning box was frozen in standby again I put the swapfile back on, put on standby but it is freezing after 3 mins every time. I am now leading to believe there is something wrong with the power itself maybe , virtually a brand new box bought directly from wos shop, for the price of these boxes I would expect their basic functions to work, I have contacted Vu directly and provided my serial number, just waiting for them to get back to me to see if I can get a replacement under warranty

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I thought you had been told that there is a problem with the usb tuner and the latest version of VIX?

Does it work ok without the tuner connected, or have you tried an earlier vix release?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    nothing wrong with your box.Problem is USB tuner and Vix images.Try Blackhole and all will be working fine.If then not working fine it is the box but if working fine with original image you will pay a lot off money for nothing.Only Blackhole is based on original VU+ image.Google and you will find a lot off topics on the problem.Mentioned in #28
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    nothing wrong with your box.Problem is USB tuner and Vix images.Try Blackhole and all will be working fine.If then not working fine it is the box but if working fine with original image you will pay a lot off money for nothing.Only Blackhole is based on original VU+ image.Google and you will find a lot off topics on the problem.Mentioned in #28
    Actually VTI is also based on the Vu+ OI too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

grantdavey91 (03-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I thought you had been told that there is a problem with the usb tuner and the latest version of VIX?

Does it work ok without the tuner connected, or have you tried an earlier vix release?
    yes i have been told that, just looking at all possibilities as they cannot guarantee my issue is around the bug in current openvix with the turbo tuner

it does seem to work without the tuner connected yes

i have not tired an earlier release as of yet as i have been told a new version of vix is due by mid August so i want to wait it out opposed to reflashing entirely again

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    hi yes i am looking into black hole, but i am a little attached to openvix as i know it quite well, to be fair i haven't even tried any other image on enigma2 ever, so it's something i will be looking into; thank you

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so guys i have a bit of an update, received an email from wos shop today

"Your freezing issue could be being caused by too weak or too strong a signal. You may need to use an attenuator on your feed.
    This will not be a hardware issue with the Duo2.
    You would have been better you remove one of your satellite tuner modules and replace with a plug and play twin hybrid tuner.
    We'd happily exchange the USB tuner provided its returned exactly as new in orignal box etc.. in re-salable condition. You would need to pay the extra and cover postage costs."

I popped out to maplin earlier and bought a 0-20db adjustable attenuator; plugged it in and my agc level was around 70%; turned it down to about 25% which reduced the snr to about 69-74%

haven't tested the power/standby as of yet but am running the cable through the attenuator now

haven't tested yet as got a lot to do today! but will update later when i've had the chance

funnily enough i was talking to a member on another forum yesterday who advised getting a technetix hdu however these are as rare as you could imagine; nothing on ebay or amazon and the one's previously sold as used condition on ebay have gone for over £50

so basically the whole freezing/power issues i am having i am now being advised could be my signal, interference and something about the signal being either too strong or to weak; which i am guessing mine is too strong as without attenuator snr is 90-94% and agc is around 85-89%

any thoughts?

thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If it is indeed a signal issue it just reaffirms how rubbish the USB tuner really is. But to be 100 percent sure backup your current image and flash BH or VTI and see if it works in their images. If it does then it's not a signal issue but a driver related one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast