Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Download the latest version from here:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...?dir=Vu%2BDuo/
    Extract to your usb stick using the exact folder formation used in the zip.
    So, you should have:
    Usb stick -> vuplus -> duo -> all required files.

Title
    Thanks
    winrar.jpg
    No If You Look Above They Are The Only Files Within The ZIP... I Am Downloading From The Link You've Provided... There Is No "boot_cfe_auto.jffs2" File...

Thanks For Your Quick Reply... I've Attached The Winrar File List As An Image...
    Last edited by pac2000; 05-01-13 at 23:50.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Have you tried flashing with the download?
    Sorry, the thread is too long to read through every post, so not really sure what the issue is? Just stick the download on your USB stick in the correct folder structure & you should be fine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

pac2000 (06-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Judge, I Used My 8Gb Instead Of My 32Gb And That Worked... Just Confused Me At The First Few Posts Stipulating That You Needed The "boot_cfe_auto.jffs2" File...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Glad you are sorted, some boxes get shitty about USB sticks, my DUOs take any stick I throw at them though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

pac2000 (18-01-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    Thanks Judge, I Used My 8Gb Instead Of My 32Gb And That Worked... Just Confused Me At The First Few Posts Stipulating That You Needed The "boot_cfe_auto.jffs2" File...
    Those 'boot_cfe_auto.jffs2' files are not required for VU's (they were in the old days for DreamBoxes, never for VU's). Some imagemakers still provide them, but as they are useless you can omit them.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

pac2000 (18-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi All I am going to flash up also I currently have build 527 and I have the same issue as another duo user I can't use the software update option within the menu as it starts the process and then stalls saying it needs to do a background check and then says check back in a few mins. Anyway I see on the forum that issue has been resolved but I need to flash on this occasion to get from build 527 to the current 558 which I am happy to do via usb.

My question is as I have never flashed an image before will the flash change anything on the duo ie my wifes auto timers, will the auto timers hold after the flash on the box or will I have to re add all these auto timers again via the epg ?

second question - should I do the vix updates on a regular basis even if my duo is working ok.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes, the flash will wipe the box & all it's settings.
    The good news is, you can create a settings back-up first.
    Menu -> Setup -> ViX -> Backup Manager -> green button for new backup.

Then, when you flash the image, you can do a settings restore, so all timers, cams, other settings will be restored in no time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

degoosefish (13-01-13),tinbin300 (23-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ah cheers mate I forgot about that back up you just saved me an ear bashing from her indoors ha ha

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by degoosefish View Post
    second question - should I do the vix updates on a regular basis even if my duo is working ok.
    If you want to use the latest updates, bugfixes and features: yes.
    I can't really give a good advice here: I always update to the latest version (at the risk of sometimes accepting a bug, and sometimes even have to revert to a previous version), some do it on a weekly or monthly basis, some never do.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

degoosefish (14-01-13),tinbin300 (23-01-13)

matt 07
    Hi I am a newbie, so don't really have a clue but I really need to learn how to update my box . I have manage to download the update and I put two new folders in my usb stick 1st vuplus and 2nd duo, I then extracted the update to the duo folder however I have ended up with 5 files, which are as follows, imageversion, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, reboot.update, root_cfe_auto.jffs2, splash_cfe_auto.bin. does anybody know where I have gone wrong? would appreciate any HELPPP.
    Thanks

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt 07 View Post
    Hi I am a newbie, so don't really have a clue but I really need to learn how to update my box . I have manage to download the update and I put two new folders in my usb stick 1st vuplus and 2nd duo, I then extracted the update to the duo folder however I have ended up with 5 files, which are as follows, imageversion, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, reboot.update, root_cfe_auto.jffs2, splash_cfe_auto.bin. does anybody know where I have gone wrong? would appreciate any HELPPP.
    Thanks
    Just download the image and drag and drop the folder VUPLUS to your usb stick and insert and restart and follow the instructions on the VFD

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: How to flash a VU+ Duo using a USB stick

Format your stick fat 32 extract the update then drag and drop the extracted files to the stick. you do not need to make any extra folders or anything it should extract to the correct structure.turn off duo, pull it any other USB. Insert you're USB with files on, power back on follow VFd display.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

matt 07
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    Format your stick fat 32 extract the update then drag and drop the extracted files to the stick. you do not need to make any extra folders or anything it should extract to the correct structure.turn off duo, pull it any other USB. Insert you're USB with files on, power back on follow VFd display.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the reply, I have a fat32 stick already didn't need to convert, I have tried everything but just can't seen to end up with the 3 files been trying for hours

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    On the the usb stick, you should have:

USBSTICK -> vuplus -> duo -> then all 5 files.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast