Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashing problem with openvix-Helios.001-vusolo2_usb.zip

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Flashing problem with openvix-Helios.001-vusolo2_usb.zip

Hi All,

I tried to update my solo2 today to Helios.001 and it is crashing at first launch and looping.

I took a picture of the crash log on my tv and have attached it. I would appreciate any advice on what is causing this problem?

solo2 error log.jpg

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to manufan1611 For This Useful Post:

kiwiz1 (22-04-14)

boysheff
    you need to send a proper log files for people to help out?

have you tried to re-flash again? are you wanting to restore any plugins/image etc? if not maybe worth factory restore and then a clean flash, just means you may need to add/setup plugins/ABM etc etc.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    No need for factory resetting before flashing images, the process of flashing a image it self first wipes the flash before flashing the new image, so factory resetting is a redundant and fairly pointless step.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I cant access my box as it keeps looping after re-flash.

I tried various memory sticks formatted with HP tool, downloaded image twice, I am not trying to restore any plugins I do not get that far into the process, as the image is just about the ask the video connection type at initial set up it crashes and reboots and same again.

I will wait on any other suggestions before trying a factory restore as I have not done that before.

thanks

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Is it a genuine box ? Where did you buy it ?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Maxwell,

I bought it a year ago from ********.com , I always presumed it was original. Iv flashed to VIX twice before without a problem.
    Does the crash log make any sense to you?
    Cheers

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan1611 View Post
    Hi Maxwell,

I bought it a year ago from ********.com , I always presumed it was original. Iv flashed to VIX twice before without a problem.
    Does the crash log make any sense to you?
    Cheers
    You haven't posted a crashlog
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I posted a jpeg image attachment of the crash log above, the box is not on my network as I cant get in that far to set up so I cant ftp the crash logs.

I also just tried the previous release zeus image with no success, the exact same crash happens.

I am now going to try restore back to my previous working image... fingers crossed!

update
    previous image 3.0 build 802 is back working..... but I would like to know why I can't update or if I am doing something wrong.
    Last edited by manufan1611; 21-04-14 at 13:38. Reason: update

boysheff
    if you have managed to go back to late image try flashing again. if am honest i bought a duo sometime back and after tried flashing to newer image i kept getting loop, found out it was a clone.

give it another go and see what happens, you can always go back to older image like you have done already.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I just checked the vuplus website that gives guidelines on how to detect a solo 2 clone and I can confirm mine is an original.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    If its a genuine box you should be able to flash any image. The constant looping, failing on latest image is a sign of a clone box to me.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have checked VU guidelines from this link http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82&pagenum=1

Mine has the magnets on the door, has the dots in centre of fan at the rear, has the dots in the text so I have to trust that this is an original.

I have a 500gig hard drive built in , is the image trying to check saved settings or anything saved on the HD that could be causing issues?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    enigma2_crash_1398087128.log

I managed to access the box via FTP even though it is looping - attached is the crash log if anybody can help I would appreciate it?

thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan1611 View Post
    Mine has the magnets on the door, has the dots in centre of fan at the rear, has the dots in the text so I have to trust that this is an original.
    Latest clones have all that as well.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I bought mine in April last year , as far as I remember the box was only out about then and clones were not available for the solo2 at that time.

I emailed the crashlog to vix support to in the hope that someone can offer any other advice than I have a cloned box!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast