Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help, Just got my new Vu+ solo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    oh forgot to mention - there is a weird thing that happening when @ at flashing image stage

Theres 2 options -

First one being - flash box wait for flashing green light

second thing - if your pen drive has a small light on it - wait until that stops flashing

When either of these have happened unplug box remove pen drive and plug back in

Noticed that happened with me first time i flashed it the green light flashed but then another time i flashed an image there was no flashing green light but the light on my usb pen had stopped flashing

hope this makes sense lol

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s1m0nw View Post
    oh forgot to mention - there is a weird thing that happening when @ at flashing image stage

Theres 2 options -

First one being - flash box wait for flashing green light

second thing - if your pen drive has a small light on it - wait until that stops flashing

When either of these have happened unplug box remove pen drive and plug back in

Noticed that happened with me first time i flashed it the green light flashed but then another time i flashed an image there was no flashing green light but the light on my usb pen had stopped flashing

hope this makes sense lol
    On the Solo, flashing the bootloader only takes a few seconds, so you might not even notice the flashing lights changing.
    Flashing the image takes a bit longer & is a lot more obvious on the box.
    Once the flashing light changes on the box, it's pretty safe to remove the USB stick used for flashing & reboot.

Title
    Thanks
    When I go into the about section in the menu, it says I have " experimental image " from October 2011. When I flash the bootloader, is ther any thing that shows up in the menu as there is nothing.

Title
    Thanks
    Normally these boxes already come with a image installed. If it hasn't be suspicious. Also there are some USB sticks that the boxes don't recognise.
    With the box off at the switch, and the boot loader on usb. Put the usb in the box, and switched on, if it recognises the usb it will light up the usb, that is if it as a neon, after about 5 secs, it will indicate on the box screen that it is loading, which should take only about 5 secs.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenxz View Post
    I bought the box from a verified seller on a well known auction site who has over 1400 feedback and also in the discription stated the box is original and has sold hundreds without any negative. The price was £170, I can pm you the link as I do not want to break any rules
    HTML Code:
    use the <> to post the link
    the price you paid, does,nt mean the unit is genuine, we will try and help, but we need the full story
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    HTML Code:
    use the <> to post the link
    the price you paid, does,nt mean the unit is genuine, we will try and help, but we need the full story

Well I opened up the box and it matches all the genuine pictures from the VU+ website which is a relief, the box as well matches the correct genuine pictures found on the website.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Normally these boxes already come with a image installed. If it hasn't be suspicious. Also there are some USB sticks that the boxes don't recognise.
    With the box off at the switch, and the boot loader on usb. Put the usb in the box, and switched on, if it recognises the usb it will light up the usb, that is if it as a neon, after about 5 secs, it will indicate on the box screen that it is loading, which should take only about 5 secs.
    When I put the USB in and switch on the box, the USB light flashes a little but then lights up permanently without blinking or any thing and I even leave it for 30 minutes and nothing changes. I can only assume its a problem with the box?

On another note, I am currently using a shaving adapter plug as a means of conecting the unit to a British Extension lead, the box however powers up fine. I have noticed that once the box loads up, there is always in the bottom right corner of the screen a text saying " Now loading.... .". Ive left the box on for 30 minutes at times and nothing happens still...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    A shaving adapter will normally have a very ;imited power output; that's likely to be not enough for an STB (that can consume up to 50W).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    A shaving adapter will normally have a very ;imited power output; that's likely to be not enough for an STB (that can consume up to 50W).
    I think he means a plug that converts lead plug from euro to UK - will that still have limited output?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    The funny thing is that the box powers up just fine and loads the menu's and connects to the internet perfectly when running network tests. I am going to try another few sticks and see the outcome as i think the USB's im using might be the effect as one is 16GB, the other is 32GB, another is 64GB and the last one is 128GB ( Brands of USB is " Lexar, Transend , Verbatim and a maplins brand USB ). I think i need to try a old stick with like 1GB of space...

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenxz View Post
    When I put the USB in and switch on the box, the USB light flashes a little but then lights up permanently without blinking or any thing and I even leave it for 30 minutes and nothing changes. I can only assume its a problem with the box?

On another note, I am currently using a shaving adapter plug as a means of conecting the unit to a British Extension lead, the box however powers up fine. I have noticed that once the box loads up, there is always in the bottom right corner of the screen a text saying " Now loading.... .". Ive left the box on for 30 minutes at times and nothing happens still...
    If you can get hold of a Kingston red 8GB ir cruzer blade, they work fine with the DUO.

Thread is 3 pages long and not read it but are you making sure the files are in the right format?

It sounds as if the USB is being recognised.

Also have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...with-USB-stick

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

wrenxz (09-10-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    I think he means a plug that converts lead plug from euro to UK - will that still have limited output?
    If it's only a plug there will be no real power limitation. But as he specifically named it a 'shaving plug' chances are that it does reduce power (as a real shaving plug will have a transformer in it).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

wrenxz (09-10-12)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ahh ok, you learn something new every day.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    New Update:

I purchased a new adapter and bought a " Kingston DataTraveler G3 8GB USB " and the flashing went very smoothly. a Big Thank You to every one for your help. I just have a quick question, if a upgraded version of the vix image comes out, will i loose all my settings when re-flashing again the upgraded image? Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wrenxz For This Useful Post:

Rob van der Does (09-10-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If the new version is close to the verison you have you can most times do an online update. This maintains all settings. It best practice though to make a settings backup and even an image backup first. If you are flashing a new version you can restore the settings backup once the flash is completed.

Note - sometimes you will see the developers recommend not to restore settings backups due to the changes in the update. In this case you need to backup your channels lists first and restore them once you have the new image installed and install all plugins again and do all settings (network, mounts, timers etc).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

wrenxz (09-10-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12