Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help, Just got my new Vu+ solo

Title
    Thanks

Need Help, Just got my new Vu+ solo

Hi there, just received a new solo and wondered what the next steps are. The box does not have any thing installed onto it and also im confused about the flashing process. Do i flash this blackhole image to the box or do i flash this team vti image to the box? i don't know what to do as i need it for a MGcamd but havent found any info on what to do next....

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The box should at the very least have a basic image on it, such as the OI or Original Vu image, no Vu ever ships without a image.

The first thing you may need to do if you wish to try newer images is to first flash the Latest bootloader, then a image of your choice.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The box should at the very least have a basic image on it, such as the OI or Original Vu image, no Vu ever ships without a image.

The first thing you may need to do if you wish to try newer images is to first flash the Latest bootloader, then a image of your choice.
    Which image would you go for and were do i get a bootloader from?

Title
    Thanks
    Also i need help to FTP into the box. I downloaded FlashXP an trying to connect to the box to update usb driver so the box will recognize my usb pen drive as its currently not...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well this being a ViX forum i would recommend trying the ViX image first.

bootloader here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...ers/Vu%2BSolo/

image here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...dir=Vu%2BSolo/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I managed to FTP to the box. Which folder do I put he boot loader into when I get into the box directory? Also after I install the boot loader where do I place the vix image, into which folder do I place it into inside the box?

I would have done all of this by USB but when I create the " Vuplus and solo " folders on the stick, nothing happens when I power Down the box and power back on. I tried reformat the stick and use different USB pens. The first USB was latest verbatim 64gb and the second was a transcend 64gb and the third was a napkins USB 16gb which also did not work, my only guess is the it's and old vu+ image as its from October 2011 and does not have drivers that supports my USB pens. The box is a original box bought from a legit seller.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    slow down mate lol.

put bootloader onto usb pen power off box plug usb pen into box power of box wait for flashing green light, power off and remove

next

delete bootloader from usb pen and select an image u would like to use and extract the folder onto usb pen plug into box and and power on and wait for flashing green light and power off remove then power back on

have a look here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...with-USB-stick

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s1m0nw View Post
    slow down mate lol.

put bootloader onto usb pen power off box plug usb pen into box power of box wait for flashing green light, power off and remove

next

delete bootloader from usb pen and select an image u would like to use and extract the folder onto usb pen plug into box and and power on and wait for flashing green light and power off remove then power back on

have a look here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...with-USB-stick

Lol, Thank you for your reply. As i mentioned earlier, I already put the bootloader onto the USB pen and nothing happened which is why i want to try out the FTP part as my last resort. Ive run out of ideas and used 3 different USB drives which i formatted all to " FAT32 " and created the sub folders as instructed to no avail.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    where did you buy it from and how much ?.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

ok lets start from the beginning ...

you have a usb stick if you check the sticky on usb sticks your see if the one u have is compatable

ok lets say you do have one and you formatted it fats32
    Did you make a folder called vuplus and inside that folder make another one called solo then inside the solo folder put the boot loader file
    then using the reset button on the back hold it in while pluging the usb stick in the front port then release the reset button the green neon will change colour when it starts to read the stick then when done the neon will flash green press the reset button at rear again and remove the stick then release the reset the box will try and boot if theres an image installed however if your installing the latest vix image your now need to delete the data on the stick and doing the same process ....vuplus folder inside solo folder input in the solo folder the 3 or maybe 4 files you have for the latest vix image .....make sure the image is for the solo not the duo or any other or your brick your box
    follow the same process as u did with the boot loader ..hold reset plug in stick when you get a green flashing neon hold the reset again and remove stick and allow the box to boot .... it will take a while so dont panic
    if all your connections hdmi etc are ok your see on your tv screen the help install screen just follow the setup if your still not sure pop back and ask.

regards

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do u mean u dont get flashing green light when loading bootloader?

It does only take a few seconds
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s1m0nw View Post
    It does only take a few seconds
    Correct .

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Hi mate

ok lets start from the beginning ...

you have a usb stick if you check the sticky on usb sticks your see if the one u have is compatable

ok lets say you do have one and you formatted it fats32
    Did you make a folder called vuplus and inside that folder make another one called solo then inside the solo folder put the boot loader file
    then using the reset button on the back hold it in while pluging the usb stick in the front port then release the reset button the green neon will change colour when it starts to read the stick then when done the neon will flash green press the reset button at rear again and remove the stick then release the reset the box will try and boot if theres an image installed however if your installing the latest vix image your now need to delete the data on the stick and doing the same process ....vuplus folder inside solo folder input in the solo folder the 3 or maybe 4 files you have for the latest vix image .....make sure the image is for the solo not the duo or any other or your brick your box
    follow the same process as u did with the boot loader ..hold reset plug in stick when you get a green flashing neon hold the reset again and remove stick and allow the box to boot .... it will take a while so dont panic
    if all your connections hdmi etc are ok your see on your tv screen the help install screen just follow the setup if your still not sure pop back and ask.

regards
    Ive already tried this and nothing at all, I do relise that I have to give the box time. I've actually done that and left the USB stick inside for 30 minutes but nothing. I've also created the sub folders like I mentioned earlier. I have noticed that once the USB stick goes into the box, it creates another folder on the stick called " USR " which I have not created or touched
    Last edited by wrenxz; 05-10-12 at 15:28.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i once again refer to my earlier question.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I bought the box from a verified seller on a well known auction site who has over 1400 feedback and also in the discription stated the box is original and has sold hundreds without any negative. The price was £170, I can pm you the link as I do not want to break any rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast