Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Virtual keyboard bugs

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual keyboard bugs

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Maybe we should remove skins from our build if they are not on our skins repo.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Huevos

Please don't skip Army_MoodBlue, this is the only one with an acceptable font size. My screen is HD 32in. Furthermore please check how the stream info on the radio stations is displayed. If you like I can attach you screenshots.

Thanks a lot
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Army is not a vix skin. Must be coming fron ATV.
    enigma2-plugin-skins-army-moodblue-hd: git://github.com/Taykun345/skin-PLi-Army-MoodBlueHD-mod.git;protocol=git
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Early reference to the skin here....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...HD-mod-for-ViX

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

Is the author of the Army MoodBlue Skin still maintaining their skin? If so can you please ask them to update their skin. The information about the changes required / available are here: https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...IRTUALKEYBOARD

Have you confirmed that the VirtualKeyBoard is working on one of the standard OpenViX built in skins?

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

I have posted the request to the thread of OldSkulRide Army MoodBlue HD skin. I just hope he is reading this (last entry 2013)

I can confirm, that the VirtualKeyBoard is working on the default skin, whith the open request for a Swiss German layout.

Best regards
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

The Swiss German layout is already in the Dev builds and should become publicly available in the next production build.

If the author / maintainer of OldSkulRide Army MoodBlue HD doesn't respond then I think you should find a new favourite skin. If the skin hasn't been updated since 2013 then it will likely be missing a number of recent skin enhancements.

Regards,
    Ian.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (19-11-18),nekrub2 (19-11-18),Sicilian (19-11-18),widar (19-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

Many thanks for your efforts for promoting the Swiss German Layout.

In respect of alternative layouts I have checked out all default installed ones. For all of them the fonts are tiny. Of course in the configuration of the station list I can fiddle round to get it bigger. If I new how to do I would even update the Army MoodBlue skin. Where is the code stored? Are the skins written in XML?

Thanks a lot
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I've already started on Confluence and should be able to finish it this weekend.
    It's in dev:
    Code:
     https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/commit/1f76d8b4686289d526e036cf72ed6110f15c0e8b
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (19-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

I have played round with the skins which were automatically downloaded with the installation. Simple Ten Eighty from Abu Barnaz is the closest to my old Army MoodBlue. The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in thge channel list configuration.
    Best regards
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in the channel list configuration.
    Which EPG?

I think this needs an override to the skin-files (it's the reason that I have some overrides).

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    I have played round with the skins which were automatically downloaded with the installation. Simple Ten Eighty from Abu Barnaz is the closest to my old Army MoodBlue. The only thing I have not found out so far is how to increase the font size of EPG long text. Service name font and Service info font can be adjusted in thge channel list configuration.
    I don't think the code supports a font change so any changes will need assistance from the skin author.

I find that 1080 (FHD) sized skins have a problem with users seated further away from the screen. Perhaps you can try some of the 720 (HD) skins to see if you find something you prefer.

Regards,
    Ian.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

nekrub2 (20-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
    Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.

All my future skin releases will have the original virtualkeyboard.py component in the ipks that will over write this crap.

If anyone wants a functioning virtualkeyboard. You can download the original one from my dropbox.

Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwkbjsp9dbh773e/VirtualKeyBoard.py?dl=0
    Download the file and then place it in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Then reboot your box.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 16-12-18 at 10:20. Reason: remove live link

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddac View Post
    I will not be changing any of my skins in the near future to incorporate this mess.
    Once again you have selfishly broken everyones skins again with no regard what so ever for skinners.
    The truth is the the Virtual Keyboard was months in planning on OpenPLi's public forum. Hundreds of posts from numerous people. Anyone could participate. In all that time not once was there any input from you saying it was a bad idea or there was a problem. And now here you are calling someone selfish for breaking your skin. Fix the skin and move on. Or don't bother, but quit your whining. You had plenty of opportunity to speak up in the development stage.
    Last edited by Huevos; 15-12-18 at 23:24.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-12-18),Sicilian (16-12-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Kiddac,
    I considered providing a manual and documentation on the VirtualKeyBoard changes important support specifically for skin maintainers. (https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...IRTUALKEYBOARD)

What exactly is the "mess" of which you speak?
    All my future skin releases will have the original virtualkeyboard.py component in the ipks that will over write this crap.

If anyone wants a functioning virtualkeyboard. You can download the original one from my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwkbjsp9db...yBoard.py?dl=0

Download the file and then place it in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Then reboot your box.
    Why do you consider the new VirtualKeyBoard "crap"? Is it in any way broken or malfunctioning? If there is a problem then perhaps you could fill us in on what is wrong.

If you are proposing that the OpenViX code should never be changed or improved then I suspect that you may have adopted an unpopular position. OpenViX (Enigma2) is a living project and will always be changing. Sometimes the changes will be small and sometimes they will be large. Some changes may involve skin changes. It is unrealistic to demand that all changes be stopped just because you don't want to maintain your skin(s).

If you require assistance in upgrading your skin then please ask. I have provided a link to the VirtualKeyBoard documentation above. There are also a number of actively supported skins that have already been updated. You can use them for guidance on what changes are required.

If you don't want to maintain your skins then that is you right and your choice but please don't expect the world to stop just for you.

Regards,
    Ian.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-12-18),Sicilian (16-12-18)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast