Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Uno not finding any channels

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste2011 View Post
    Blackhole 1.7.7.
    To be honest reflashing the image is my biggest nightmare.
    I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
    The flashing process is the easy part, it's setting the box backup up afterwards that can be a little daunting for the "newbie" ( no disrespect intended ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The flashing process is the easy part, it's setting the box backup up afterwards that can be a little daunting for the "newbie" ( no disrespect intended ).
    I'd have to download the channels again to start with.
    Would you recommend any particular image?
    Is it done through a USB stick?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    now that you have a reasonably decent signal level you should have no further need to scan the satellite, you can use one of the many premade bouquet packs ( channel lists ) from our Enigma 2 bouquet section.

as for the image yes you flash it via a USB stick.

now recommending a image is a tough one as every one has their own tastes and likes / dislikes. This being a ViX forum though we would naturally recommend ViX. I would say put the ViX image on the receiver, once set up make a full set of backups and try a few other images to see which one fits best for your needs, if you choose to return to ViX just re-flash the backup you made and thats it, job done.

BEFORE you do flash another image to the receiver though i would advise that you make a full backup of your setup as it is now, just to be safe ( sorry i cant help you with instructions as to how as like i said i am not overly familiar with the BH image and it's menu structure ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    now that you have a reasonably decent signal level you should have no further need to scan the satellite, you can use one of the many premade bouquet packs ( channel lists ) from our Enigma 2 bouquet section.

as for the image yes you flash it via a USB stick.

now recommending a image is a tough one as every one has their own tastes and likes / dislikes. This being a ViX forum though we would naturally recommend ViX. I would say put the ViX image on the receiver, once set up make a full set of backups and try a few other images to see which one fits best for your needs, if you choose to return to ViX just re-flash the backup you made and thats it, job done.

BEFORE you do flash another image to the receiver though i would advise that you make a full backup of your setup as it is now, just to be safe ( sorry i cant help you with instructions as to how as like i said i am not overly familiar with the BH image and it's menu structure ).
    I take it the error logs will not reveal anything useful then?
    I'm open about which image as l don't intend to do much more with the box when I have it up and running other than add a hard drive so I can record programs.

One thing I was wondering is the EPG only seems to show what is on a channel once you've viewed it, is that how it works?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The might but there logs from the BH image so if we did find any faults we would not be able to do any thing about it, only the BH team can really do that. it would do no harm to upload them though.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Ste2011 (23-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    The might but there logs from the BH image so if we did find any faults we would not be able to do any thing about it, only the BH team can really do that. it would do no harm to upload them though.
    Could you point me in the direction of a VIX image then and a tutorial for what I need to do?
    I'll have to decide when to do it as I've had the box for nearly two weeks now and have yet to watch anything on it so it would be nice to watch a program or two first!

Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    click on vix support centre at top of page

9. The Following User Says Thank You to loochy For This Useful Post:

Ste2011 (23-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as pointed out above you can get the image here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-OE3-0-Release

Format a USB stick to FAT32.
    download the image and extract it with winrar etc.
    copy the folder vuplus from the archive including all it's contents directly to the formatted USB stick.

power off the receiver from the rear power switch.
    place the USB stick into one of the USB ports
    power on the receiver pressing the ( - ) button on receiver when asked ( i think it's - off the top of my head but it will tell you on the Display which button to press).

if all goes well you will see the progress of the flash on the display, and once done it will tell you to remove the stick and reboot. if you dont get this message it may be either that the stick is not being recognized or that you did not press the button in time.

SIMPLES.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Ste2011 (23-09-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    p.s you can leave the image on the stick in the receiver for future use as unlike the Duo it wont reflash the receiver by accident when booted up unless you press the (-) button when prompted.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    p.s you can leave the image on the stick in the receiver for future use as unlike the Duo it wont reflash the receiver by accident when booted up unless you press the (-) button when prompted.
    This may be asking how long is a piece of string but will this take under an hour to do?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The flashing process takes around 3 to 4 minutes if that, then to setup the receiver again will take any where from 5 minutes to half a hour depending on how familiar you are with setting things up.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Once flashed, you will lose all your settings etc, so before you flash connect using filezilla and copy the cam cfg file and autotimers you may have. there in /etc and /etc/enigima2

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Ste2011 (25-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm getting on great with this now and have a great picture in SD and HD.

I think I've got carried away though by buying a 2Tb 3.5 inch SATA drive.
    The drive is too thick to allow the metal cradle to be screwed down.

Should I buy a dock and use it externally?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste2011 View Post
    I'm getting on great with this now and have a great picture in SD and HD.

I think I've got carried away though by buying a 2Tb 3.5 inch SATA drive.
    The drive is too thick to allow the metal cradle to be screwed down.

Should I buy a dock and use it externally?
    How are you mounting the HDD ?

you do know the drive sits ON TOP of the cradle and just screws into it from underneath ?.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    How are you mounting the HDD ?

you do know the drive sits ON TOP of the cradle and just screws into it from underneath ?.
    Oops!
    I had assumed it went underneath.
    I will take another look then.

The drive is chunky though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast