Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Having to repeatedly stop a recording

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    It is possible to stop any recording at any time, whilst recording call up your media file list, select the file that you want to stop (will have a red icon next to anything currently recording) then press the Red button, you will now be given a choice to Stop recording, Stop and delete, Stop after current event. (might be more or less options as doing this from memory at the moment)
    The timer will kick back in on next autotimer poll though. I think that's the OP's issue?
    So AT needs to be set up correctly or disabled when he has this issue.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    The timer will kick back in on next autotimer poll though. I think that's the OP's issue?
    So he needs to delete the autotimer entry as well, I just had a similar issue with an autotimer the wife had set, it doesn't reactivate until the following week if you forget to remove the autotimer entry (like I did lol)
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

judge (07-11-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is possible to stop any recording at any time, whilst recording call up your media file list, select the file that you want to stop (will have a red icon next to anything currently recording) then press the Red button, you will now be given a choice to Stop recording, Stop and delete, Stop after current event. (might be more or less options as doing this from memory at the moment)

Thank you - this probably the solution.

All the methods I've attempted so far ONLY give the option to delete the current ongoing recording to stop it. For auto-timer generated recording some menu options are disabled whilst the recording is active, but never the 'delete' option. Having now deleted the recording the auto-timers have nothing with which to compare to see if it has already been recorded and immediately kick in again, ignoring of the polling time set in the configuration menu.

Stopping the recording, rather than deleting, preserves the recording as the reference for the auto-timer search. This also means that further user actions to disable timers and/or polling are not required

Pressing the red button in media is not intuitive as the red button is labeled 'DELETE' and it actually does delete recordings that have finished rather bringing up another sub-menu. I have used this delete many times to remove finished test recordings and have never seen the sub-menu which only appears for an ongoing recording.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I did find another sub-menu with an option to stop a recording BUT it does this by taking you to the timer menu where the only option is to delete the recording. And where delete does mean delete.
    Last edited by adm; 07-11-14 at 12:05.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    An auto timer that isn't recording should poll & start recording IMO.
    So you'd vote for removing the existing Disable (yellow button) option?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    There isn't any fix to be provided though. The op is comparing a non E2 box to an E2 box & being as vague as possible & not providing any details asked for.
    Wrong.
    The problem that was meant as problem A by the OP (how to stop AutoTimer re-instating a recording that has been deleted) is being taken as problem B by by most of the responders (you should set up AutoTimers to only add timers for things you know that you want in advance of them appearing).
    And the responders keep ignoring the fact that this latter reading is not the problem. Which is why no "details" are being provided for problem B· Because it isn't the problem!
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    @birdman First let me say that I am not dismissing your reports but enigma2 is a amateur project and not the same thing as those commercial pvr's you are used to using
    The "commercial PVR" I was using was actually driven by software run as an amateur project which improved vastly on the commercial provision.
    for one we dont have any where near their budgets or the ability to hire in coders as needed.
    I don't expect that. I'd be happy to look into fixing it myself, but that would require me knowing where to find the source (no response to my queries as to where I can find all of it) and some means of providing patches (to whom?).

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Send sicilian a PM on this forum we can look into getting good you access if you are serious about helping out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Correct. But most people seem to be concentrating on other things. There is nothing else to concentrate on - only this.

Title
    Thanks
    So he needs to delete the autotimer entry as well,
    NO!!!
    Why would you ant to delete the AutoTimer which is/will be setting up lots of other recordings which you actually want!!!

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    NO!!!
    Why would you ant to delete the AutoTimer which is/will be setting up lots of other recordings which you actually want!!!
    YES !!!
    You only delete the autotimer for the program you no longer want - the rest of your autotimers remain !!!!
    Last edited by Maxwell; 07-11-14 at 12:10.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Thank you - this probably the solution.
    I'm afraid not (I've just tested this).
    This behaves just the same way as Deleting the timer from the Timer menu (but does let you delete the so-far-recorded file).
    It still leaves things such that that next AutoTimer scan will start recording it again.
    The only way to stop this is for the deletion of a running record from an AutoTimer to mark that timer instance as Disabled.

Stopping the recording, rather than deleting, preserves the recording as the reference for the auto-timer search. This also means that further user actions to disable timers and/or polling are not required
    That's not how AutoTimers work (from what I can see). They never look at existing recordings, only the contents of autotimer.xml and timers.xml in /etc/enigma2. And unless an instance timer is there and marked as disabled they will add a new instance timer for it at the next scan, which will kick of another recording (mid-way through the programme).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You only delete the autotimer for the program you no longer want - the rest of your autotimers remain !!!!
    I really is down to how the user wants to use an auto-timer and the other functions on the box. There is not necessarily a right or wrong way, just different ways.

For instance, I may want to record every episode for a couple of soap operas for the next year and set up of auto-timers to do this. Next week when I'm coming home from work I hear on the radio that the world is about to end. On getting home I want to see the news but the box is using both tuners to record the soaps. To be able to watch another channel I stop one of the recordings, as a one off event. I don't necessarily want to stop the auto-timer setting timers for the soaps for the next 11 months (unless the world is really going to end).
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (07-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I'll also add this info here. But just as a passing comment.

If you delete an AutoTimer that does not delete any instance timers that it has already set-up.

So if I were to find the timer code and look at it with the intent of altering things to enable disabling of running auto-recordings, I'd look into that as well.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I dont know where in the GIT the timers and autotimers code is, when I do i'll post it for you.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

birdman (07-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (07-11-14),Sicilian (07-11-14)