Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find information about EPG related details?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 885 Posts
    Might be stating the bleedin' obvious, so forgive me, but have you tried Dreamboxedit? I use that to tweak my own Favourites. It handles the lamedb and bouquet files through drag and drop and provides service reference details which you can use for linking picons etc.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,162 Times in 6,237 Posts
    I would also use ABM then scan (or other way round) before manipulating with DBedit. Apart from the HD channels, all the other TV chanenls will be in order. (Not sure what will be done on merging TV and radio together.)

We have picons for UK already.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Might be stating the bleedin' obvious, so forgive me, but have you tried Dreamboxedit
    Yes, but it suffers form two issues.
    • It doesn't let me assign channel numbers
    • It's manual, so the next time that the Freeview channels re-organize or have new additions/deletions I'd need to go through a lot of it again. With a (personalized) script I'd just need to edit the script (quick) and run it again.

I can use it to find out what an IPTV or Radio entry should look like, though.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (29-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    When you get a chance, have look at LCN scanner plugin and attepmpt to fix it. Its not working for the UK.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post231058

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I would also use ABM then scan (or other way round) before manipulating with DBedit.
    A text editor is all I really need for a text file. And I've built my favourite (uemacs) to run on the box already (first thin I did after getting it up and running).
    Apart from the HD channels, all the other TV channels will be in order. (Not sure what will be done on merging TV and radio together.)
    In an order, but not split as I wish.
    I don't intend to merge TV and radio (but I might try it to see whether it works). If it does I could use the same bouquet lists for both (so it wouldn't matter which set I was on). However, I suspect that they are separated for a reason.
    We have picons for UK already.
    I did come across a set for UK Freeview, but the ~50% of the names were wrong for the lamedb entries I had (slight numbering differences). It looked like they might be transmitter-specific in some way.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I did come across a set for UK Freeview, but the ~50% of the names were wrong for the lamedb entries I had (slight numbering differences). It looked like they might be transmitter-specific in some way.
    The picons are named after their service reference. It does not matter what the channel name or position is.

Title
    Thanks
    When you get a chance, have look at LCN scanner plugin and attepmpt to fix it. Its not working for the UK.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post231058
    Could well do, if I knew where the source was (that item just links to the installable compiled-binary). [and it's not in git://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins.git or git://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins.git]
    Although, at a rough guess, this isn't going to get very far if the tuner scans don't pout the LCN into the lamedb file.
    Last edited by birdman; 29-10-14 at 19:38.

Title
    Thanks
    The picons are named after their service reference. It does not matter what the channel name or position is.
    Which is what was wrong. Hence the mention of numbering differences, rather than naming.

Title
    Thanks
    It is not wrong, it's the way E2 works. Number or name does not matter with regards to picons.

Title
    Thanks
    It is not wrong, it's the way E2 works. Number or name does not matter with regards to picons.
    We may well be talking about different picons sets.
    The one I'm talking about is a file called "Rat DTT picons 2014 sept19.rar".
    As an example, this contains:
    1_0_19_4440_4084_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    but that needs to be
    1_0_19_4440_4083_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0.png
    for my transmitter data.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-10-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Could well do, if I knew where the source was (that item just links to the installable compiled-binary). [and it's not in git://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins.git or git://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins.git]
    Although, at a rough guess, this isn't going to get very far if the tuner scans don't pout the LCN into the lamedb file.
    E2 isn't doing anything with LCN. It is not in lamedb or in the bouquets.
    The channel numbers in the bouquets are just the place where the channels are put into the bouquets.
    That's why ABM uses a lot of dummy channels to simulate the original LCN.
    Also a lot of providers (most of them) aren't using the 'official' LCN descriptors in the TS stream. Almost for every provider we must find out where they are hidding LCN (if there is any) and adjust the code in ABM for that specific provider.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    E2 isn't doing anything with LCN. It is not in lamedb or in the bouquets.
    That's why ABM uses a lot of dummy channels to simulate the original LCN.
    IIRC one way that ABM knows where to add the dummy channels is because of the LCN being in lamedb. I'm sure I managed to get this to happen once (to get BBC HD onto 101) but could well be mis-remembering.

Also a lot of providers (most of them) aren't using the 'official' LCN descriptors in the TS stream.
    On terrestrial UK Freeview they do. Each channel has, and uses, a unique LCN. Although I can see that if you also have cable or satellite tuners running then this may lead to all sort of clashes. Just that, since I don't, I'd like to take advantage of it.

Title
    Thanks
    I would also use ABM then scan (or other way round) before manipulating with DBedit. Apart from the HD channels, all the other TV chanenls will be in order.
    Well, perhaps this is part of the reason that the HD channels don't get handled (the other being that the ABM scan doesn't actually find them).
    This is a screen shot of the ABM log after scanning with no existing lamedb or bouquets.* files. It's a screen shot as, although I can display this log on the TV, there is no related file created on the system.

AutoBouquetsMaker.jpg

This is complaining that /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/hd_terrestrial_freeview_GB_CustomLCN.xml doesn't exit. Which is true. There is an EXAMPLE_.... in the directory, but how are you supposed to know that you need to configure a file, and where that file is? There is no mention of this possibility before (or when) running ABM.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    @birdman can you explain what you are trying to do? I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by this thread.
    Also, what build are you using & what was the last build you didn't restore a settings backup on?

Title
    Thanks
    ABM does not detect T2 chanenls. It is on list of things to be done. Sky 19.2, Turksat and possibly merging between different multiuplexers are higher up on the list.

With regards to your comment, It is not complaining, it is stating. CustomLCN is optional for those who wish to alter the LCN. Feel free to read the LCN customistaion thread that PeterJ created recently.

Have you pressed the TV button and seen the created bouquets and in what order the chanenls are?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

judge (30-10-14)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast