Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Interstar LX3

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    Can you put the LX3 in Deep Standby mode with Timers set?
    Does it come out of Deep Standby for Timer Recording?
    Yes, it should work. Although when I first tried this at the beginning of June (with older drivers), it failed, and the box had to be power reseted until I restored control over it. But now I started to use the Deep Standby mode again, and so far it has worked every time (3-4 times). However, after the timer recording, the box doesn't go back to Deep Standby or not even to standby, it remains switched on. I hope this bug will be fixed later on.

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
    Is the fan, temperature controlled or just on or off like on the Duo?
    These are the options: Automatic, off, on.

I noticed that the device used to be warm even after being hours in the standby mode. I had the fan control set to Automatic. I changed the setting to On, and now it's much cooler. In fact, now that I tested this.. if it's set to Automatic, the fan will stop in standby mode. If it's set to On, the fan will not stop in standby mode but will stop in Deep Standby mode. In Deep Standby mode, the tv signal is also cut (if looped to tv, for example).

I guess it's better to have the fan always running (if not using Deep Standby) than have LX3 too warm.. when thinking about the life expectancy of components.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MPele View Post
    Yes, it should work. Although when I first tried this at the beginning of June (with older drivers), it failed, and the box had to be power reseted until I restored control over it. But now I started to use the Deep Standby mode again, and so far it has worked every time (3-4 times). However, after the timer recording, the box doesn't go back to Deep Standby or not even to standby, it remains switched on. I hope this bug will be fixed later on.

These are the options: Automatic, off, on.

I noticed that the device used to be warm even after being hours in the standby mode. I had the fan control set to Automatic. I changed the setting to On, and now it's much cooler. In fact, now that I tested this.. if it's set to Automatic, the fan will stop in standby mode. If it's set to On, the fan will not stop in standby mode but will stop in Deep Standby mode. In Deep Standby mode, the tv signal is also cut (if looped to tv, for example).

I guess it's better to have the fan always running (if not using Deep Standby) than have LX3 too warm.. when thinking about the life expectancy of components.
    Mpele; Nice to know there's some one in the same boat.
    Re: The timer from deep standby. I have discovered Rather than leave the after event on Auto in timer settings, change it deep standby or standby, then it does go to deep standby or standby after the event.
    It would be nice if the vix guys fix this Auto should be Auto, not stay On. Didn't have this problem on the Duo with vix.

As for the fan, I preferred the setting on Duo where you could adjust the fan timer to come on for X mins then go off for X mins in standby.

I know it goes off in deep standby then the box gets even warmer.
    To cure this I going to blue tack rubber door stops under box so the natural air flow will keep it cool.

If you want to put the box in deep standby, rather then loop through the box's Ariel tuners, use a splitter they use for cable boxes.
    This hasn't had any noticeable affect on the TV signal.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I checked the Temp today with a meat thermometer between the 2 Fixed tuners and and the 2 plug in tuners and it was 48.5c, I noticed that the fan was set to Auto even though I had changed it to ON, but I forgot to back up my settings so when I upgraded to 23 my back up set it back to Auto so I turned it back to on and checked it again after 30 mins and it was still about 47.3c so no real difference and my Duo2 is running at a Cool 32c with proper Fan Control
    I think that I will get one of them LapTop Coolers that pheonix mentioned

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    I checked the Temp today with a meat thermometer between the 2 Fixed tuners and and the 2 plug in tuners and it was 48.5c, I noticed that the fan was set to Auto even though I had changed it to ON, but I forgot to back up my settings so when I upgraded to 23 my back up set it back to Auto so I turned it back to on and checked it again after 30 mins and it was still about 47.3c so no real difference and my Duo2 is running at a Cool 32c with proper Fan Control
    I think that I will get one of them LapTop Coolers that pheonix mentioned
    Is the HDMI in function working well on the image you are using?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    To be Honest mate I have not tried it yet

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

75mak (28-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone else (perhaps from the vix development team) confirm if the hdmi-in function is working with vix image?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 75mak View Post
    Can anyone else (perhaps from the vix development team) confirm if the hdmi-in function is working with vix image?
    Yes, HDMI in function works fine. I feed my S** HD box through it. You can also do PIP using HDMI in.
    Can't record from HDMI in yet but maybe one day.....

Steve.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevie65 For This Useful Post:

75mak (01-09-14),abu baniaz (28-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie65 View Post
    Yes, HDMI in function works fine. I feed my S** HD box through it. You can also do PIP using HDMI in.
    Can't record from HDMI in yet but maybe one day.....

Steve.
    That sounds good. Are any image teams trying to get the hdmi in record working or are they restricted by driver issues?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Briefly read something about PLI making changes to support it, not sure how far it went. Not sure if you can get PLI images for the LX3, but the ET10K has.

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone heard rumours about new drivers? Will there be any new drivers in the near future

Title
    Thanks
    today egami 6.3
    [HDp] Add HDMI-IN Recording - just use it same way as normal service
    i think will be soon also working with vix image

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by campeino View Post
    today egami 6.3
    [HDp] Add HDMI-IN Recording - just use it same way as normal service
    i think will be soon also working with vix image
    I am running OpenATV at the moment and can now record from HDMI
    Steve.

Title
    Thanks
    Am i alone with above issues:

1. Many times when trying to open record listing when recording is on, spinners comes and won´t go a away -> Box stuckd until power cycle or "reboot -f" -f needed otherwise it wont reboot.
    2. Jumping with number buttons backwards do not work flawlessly when viewing recordings. Using default OpenViX durations for jumps. No issues when jumping forward.

Using SSD for timeshift and NAS via NFS for recordings.

Code:
    Results for write throughput:
    268.435 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=8192
    268.435 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=32768
    268.435 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=16384
    214.748 Mbit/s with udp,async,wsize=4096

Results for read throughput:
    1073.741 Mbit/s with udp,async,rsize=4096
    357.913 Mbit/s with udp,async,rsize=8192
     with udp,async,rsize=32768
     with udp,async,rsize=16384
    Code:
    192.168.1.2:/mnt/data/ on /media type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,soft,nolock,proto=udp,timeo=11,retrans=3,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.1.2,mountvers=3,mountproto=udp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.1.2)
    Last edited by rassi; 16-09-14 at 10:32.

Title
    Thanks
    New bootloader.

I have no clue whats new or anything else about this nor haven´t tested it.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 16-10-14 at 17:36. Reason: Removed bootloader as its not official.

Title
    Thanks

Golden Interstar LX3

Bootloader 3.45, little faster boot, especially in the very beginning, display of percentage of booting process, other than these two obvious observations no clue what else is new.

New drivers too, no clue what's new either.

Good this isn't it? You got to like mysteries and surprises if you own a Xpeed LX3...
    Last edited by gvsb; 16-10-14 at 21:26.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast